Monday, September 09, 2002

Hapa – welcome back and congratulations! I'm glad you and your son are ok.
WryGuy – thanks for the advice column. Quite poignant.

I’d made an overly ambitious list of things to accomplish this weekend, so I didn’t get everything done. What I did do was hang curtains in the living room, which makes it look so much better, as well as get the boxes out of the front hall (Grips, please tell your wife). There’s still crap in the hall, but its all stuff that I couldn’t manage to move by myself. I swept the 1st floor. I put books on the shelves, cleared some clutter out of the dining room, and dragged crap that I don’t want to see down to the basement. I watered plants. I did a bunch of laundry. I bought a rug for the bathroom, a beautiful oriental looking thing with the same blue and green that’s in the shower curtain. Gotta love Building 19 for cheap rugs. I got a hair cut & figured out how to style it so I don’t look like a duffus. I caught up on my sleep. I got drunk on cheap but tasty white wine Friday night. I didn’t smoke a single cigarette on Saturday & only had 2 on Sunday. I didn’t smoke anything else on those days either, which is new. I ordered pizza from a new place called Fantastic Pizza (it was just ok, go figure).

I hope the changes I made to make our home homey will be recognized and appreciated by my wayward traveling husband. We haven’t really talked in days. He called last night and had a horrible connection – but he yelled I LOVE YOU over the static, which was sweat. I just shutter to think of our cell bill this month, but it’s worth it to know he’s thinking of me and missing me.

Tonight I’m getting my nails done after work & hitting the mall for some bathroom accessories that are much needed. Then it’s over to Toads to have lobster for dinner (better be!) and to watch the Pats cream the Steelers.

Speaking of football, did anyone see the Jets vs Bills game yesterday? Wowie, that was a good game. Bledsoe did a decent job, but it’s a shame the Bills have zero defence. Those two huge kickoff returns by the Jets were astounding.

*******


A first grade teacher in Pittsburgh explains to her class that she is a Steelers fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Steelers fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand, except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Steelers fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Steelers fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a Pats fan , and proud of it," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why are you a Pats fan?"

"Because my mom is a Pats fan, and my dad is a Pats fan, so I'm a Pats fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a Pats fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "We'd be Steelers fans."

No comments: