Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Today I reflect on everything I have that makes me lucky and happy, because I can’t let myself get caught up in the media hype surrounding the events of 9-11. It’s not that I don’t care for all of the valiant heroes who lost their lives one year ago today, but all of the images and words can’t bring them back. The nation mourned their loss a year ago and I believe that it is counter-productive to be dredging up all of the pain and anguish again.

We need to be strong and move forward and learn to not take things for granted.

I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who loves me with all of his heart and soul.
I am lucky to have a terrific and diverse group of friends who will drop everything to be there when needed, and know that I would do the same for them. My friends are family.
I still have my health.
I have a great house.
I always have food on my plate every day.
I have a job that pays the bills.
I have plenty of material items to call my own.
For all of their faults, I also have a family who loves me and cares about me.
I have the time and means to enjoy life doing what makes me happy, like camping or kayaking or reading quietly.
I have the ability to voice my opinions without fear of retribution.
I have my freedom.
I am not alone.

Live and Love like it’s the last day on Earth, because as some Americans learned a year ago today – it just may be.

Peace.

No comments: