Friday, September 13, 2002

It's Friday the 13th.

I was in a car accident on my way to work today. I'm fine & my car isn't too damaged, but it freaked me out. An 80 year old guy driving a Crown Victoria t-boned me. I was in the lane to make a left merge into traffic to enter the highway. He was entering the same lane from a different road, and obviously didn't look where he was going. He just plowed right into me. He dented my passenger doors on my Cavalier...his tank is fine - hardly a scratch, just the faintest hint of black paint where he hit my vehicle. This is just one more thing to deal with at all the wrong time, but at least we both walked away.
Here's ere's where the accident occurred. I was on Quinsig & he entered from Cambridge.

I was 2 hours late getting to work because the Worcester Police took 1 hour to get to us. First they said they couldn't find where I said the street was. I mean, it was right near a DuDo's so you'd think that Worcester's finest would be able to find it no problem. Arg! I had to sit & listen to this old guy tell me about all the other accidents he's been in. When I asked him for his license and registration, all he could come up with was an expired temporary license! By the time the cop arrived, he found the real one but had no idea where his registration is.

It seems that we share the same insurance company, which I hope will make the process move faster. I don't have rental coverage on my policy, so I'm hoping that I won't have to shell out big bucks to have a ride while the car is being repaired. This was totally his fault and no one better say otherwise, if they know what's good for them!!!

No comments: