Monday, August 05, 2002

Great weekend. Friday night Grips came over & we watched Kung Pow. It was actually funny, but I’m psyched that it wasn’t our money wasted on the rental fee. Interesting how they used old kung fu movie footage intercut with the silly crap & the matrix cow fight was a gut buster.
Farscape was excellent. Damn, but I do love that show. Mmmmmm leather pants.
Saturday we slept in then packed up some more china & dishes. We’re pretty much all set to move. Of course, we’re still trying to get schedules straight. Toad called & invited us out to dinner with Birdgirl, DrJim & HighOctane. As I’d already established that I wasn’t cooking, it was a welcome invitation. Off to the Horseshoe Pub for several beers. Had a watermelon ale that was really good. We ended up over at Toad’s until after 1am wooping it up.
Slept in again on Sunday, then went to Green Hill Park to lay in the sun and play with the kite. Then over to Dr Jim’s for dinner and drinks. High Octane was in rare form and I now remember why we don’t hang out with them all the time. She’s insane. Totally insane, especially when we’re at her house. And the sexual inuendo’s were flying. Now, I’ve done some stuff in my time, but it’s just not what I’m looking for from them. Quite uncomfortable so we fled, but unfortunately I missed the Anna Nicole show that I’d been looking forward to. Judging from BoogieShoe’s blog I guess I didn’t miss much. I have faith in reruns.
Sunday we drove by the house & met the owner again. He’s all set to close on Thursday so life is good. Unfortunately, Blixx just got a job for Thursday so we may have to wait until Friday, but I’ve got the day off so we’re ready. Still with the waiting.
Jacknife’s dad is still in the hospital. Please keep him in your thoughts. They are the nicest family ever and it’s a shame that they’ve hit such bad luck.

No comments: