Tuesday, October 09, 2001

I just read back and forth between Ghost and WryGuy. Rather than worry if it's hypocritical or not to have a flag on your car, lets just be happy that the American sheep thought about what it means to be American, even for just a short time. If we take our basic freedoms even a little more seriously, then I say we're making progress. I am all for the bombing, as well as having smaller SEAL type teams go in and root out the leaders of the Taliban. I agree that we've heard less about bin Ladin and more about the Taliban...probably just PR to get America behind the attacks. It seems a little better to attack an evil group, rather than just a single person...that sounds like murder. We've all got to understand that we're not getting the whole story on any of this and that our government is using the media to feed us what they want us to hear. Wolf Blitzer isn't all seeing or all knowing, he's just going on the information he's given so let's sit back and watch and hopefully learn from our mistakes.

************************************


I'm in better spirits today...still bloated, but in a better mind set. I'm going to take the AE job, but I hope I don't have to take it up the ass.

This past weekend we missed the Tattoo show, but did manage to make a pot roast dinner on Saturday that turned into the Great Soup Project. We overcooked the roast a little bit, so we threw it into the crock pot with the left over potato & carrot & onion mix that I'd made...then we proceded to add anything we could get our hands on to the soup. I didn't have any stock or bulion cubes, so we just used the pan drippings...which was mostly a wine sauce since I'd been basting the meat with a merlot while roasting. I had some soup last night and it is so stinking good!!!! It made the house smell awesome too. I love cooking in the fall and winter...probably because the oven helps to warm my house.

I turned the heat on for the first time last night. Man, did it stink. I probably should have vacuumed out the baseboards before just cranking it up, but the cat hair burned off soon enough. Blixx was gone last night and it was very cold in bed without him. Whaaaaa. He's back tonight, but working early tomorrow so we won't have too much time together. I'll just have to be waiting for him upstairs when he gets home and ravage him before he has time to worry about checking his e-mail or other mundane things like that. Yeah, I'll seduce him. Like that's hard...

I found an interesting job posting on Monster for an Admissions person for a college on Long Island. I've forwarded it to Nightskye because I immediately thought of him when I read it. Hang in there man, you'll be employed and bitching about your job in no time! If someone could please e-mail me their snail mail address before their wedding, I would really appreciate it. Hit the Rain Down On Me link above for my e-mail.

Tempest is a blonde...nope, can't imagine it. Please send pictures.

Back to work.
Peace.



No comments: