Thursday, October 25, 2001

Saturday was the suprise bday party so the boys were sent off to Disney Quest - 3 floors of interactive and video games that amused them greatly. I don't know if Rhynogirl is into games or not, but I see Nightskye loosing like 3 days in there if he isn't careful. Ladies, in Florida they have something called SUPER WALMART, which is where we went to get all of the party supplies. It's a grocery store & fish market & full service classy bakery & auto center & regular WalMart all in one giant building. We bought 2 cases of beer, burgers etc for 30 people, plates...and only spent $130! I mean I had to keep my hand on the top of the cart toward the end of our journey to keep things from falling. What a deal! I think I'm in love.

We spent the HOT day setting up tables and chairs that were borrowed from the neighbors. The old man next door was a hoot - super sweet man. FedExMan was suprised at the party & even though not everyone showed up that was supposed to, we all had a great time. They have some very nice neighbors and friends. We managed to get plowed (go figure) and hit the jacuzzi for a while before the drinking caught up to us.

Sunday was the day of rest, where we ate a wonderful truck driver special breakfast prepared by FedExMan, followed by some wanderings in Old Town. They have a human sling shot ride, but it wasn't operating because it was raiming for most of the day. We took it slow and watched some TV and just hung out BSing for the night.

Sher had to work Monday (much to her displeasure) so the three of us went to Universal Islands of Adventure. OMG the Hulk rollercoaster is addictive. We did that one twice. Fire & Ice is another great coaster that kicked butt. We did the water rides and got drenched and ran around like little kids all day. The Spiderman ride is a WOW too. Nightskye & Rhinogirl are going to have a blast! I regret that we didnt' get to do the Universal tour and the Jaws ride, but we did have lunch at the Hard Rock during a rain storm. That place is intense!

Our trip home was equally uneventful, but with a bit more security in Orlando. There were screaming small children all over the plane so it wasn't restful as I had hoped, but I picked up Dean Koonz's Strangers which is turning into a very nice read. As mentioned yesterday, all sorts of shit hit the fan at work while I was gone & I didn't even have a chance to put my purse down before my (micro) manager was laying it all out for me. I'm still looking for another job, and may have an interview next week with American Stop Loss - I guess they are an insurance agency of some sort. I've got to research them on the web before I committ, but the money looks good and they pay bonuses quarterly on top of that, so it may just work out after all. I told that other job to go screw for lack of money and time off. HA! Its great that I can be picky until I find something I like. Or until I get laid off. Which ever comes first.

Peace.

No comments: