Monday, October 01, 2001

More layoff rumors are circulating and the formerly uneffected Telesales department is going to get hit hard-core. Crapass. Walking around the building, it seems that everyone is working on their resume.

The weekend was a slow crawl. It started Friday afterwork when I went to Filene's to kill some time and ended up walking into a killer show sale. I got a $90 pair of classy combat boots for $21!!! Oh yeah baby! Since I don't have any girlfriends in the state, I had to call SherBear on the way back to let her know. She was suitably impressed. I brought Thai food over to Toad's house and met the guys there after work. It was the usual drink/smoke/eat/laugh fest.

Saturday Blixx and I were up pretty early because the downstairs neighbor was having a tag sale (yard sale, for those of you who didn't grow up in CT). We did absolutely nothing all morning and afternoon long - just rolled over & grabbed snacks occasionaly. We did venture out to rent the movie Blow and eat dinner at The 99. I ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich because I wasn't really that hungry...and I got 2 huge chicken breasts on a roll!!! I'm currently eating the leftovers for lunch. Blow was...interesting, but not quite what I expected. I don't know - it just wasn't what I wanted to see, I guess.

Sunday we went over to DrJim's house again and watched the Patriots kick the Colt's ass. What an excellent game! I could almost develop some faith in the team, even with Bledsoe out! We got back home at around 8pm and both of us ended up falling asleep on the couch. We woke at around 10 PM and headed upstairs.

That's it for me.

Peace.

No comments: