Friday, September 28, 2001

Have you ever had one of those days where you just seem to drop everything? I mean, I dropped the brush doing my hair, then the cat food went all over the floor. Here at work I dropped the paychecks I'd just spent an hour sorting...yeah, I'm cooler than usual today. Stear clear.

I've also hear a rumor that next Tuesday there may be company-wide layoffs here at Monster. I'm trying to get confirmation from my manager or at least find out what departments will be hit, but I'm scared as all hell. This panic is further fueled by today's news that Nightskye got laid off. I'm searching our database now for him...and me too.

I just found out that I have not one but TWO extra tickets to the Janes Addiction/Live show next Tuesday night. Grips is shooting a music video somewhere in NH and there's no way he'll be able to get back in time for the show. This news is on top of Blixx getting a call to do some editing work on Wednesday the 3rd. We'd planned on me banging in sick, but it looks like it's just not in the cards.

I have no idea what our plans are for this weekend. I'm meeting Blixx & Toad at Toad's house when they get back from their shoot (around 8 probably) and I'm cooking them dinner - I'm thinking maybe salmon steaks on the grill with some fresh dill and some rice on the side, but it seems mean to make them grill in the rain. Yeah, its going to rain this weekend so that limits the outdoor activities for us. I'd wanted to go to the Big E but I doubt Blixx will want to walk around all day. I'd wanted to go to the Durham Fair, but I doubt that we'll want to drive all that way, especially if Tempest & Purge will be on the Island. Maybe we'll catch a movie. Maybe we'll do our laundry again. Maybe we'll just sit on our asses all weekend long.

I'm depressed (despite the game). This year was supposed to be filled with wonderful new things and none of my dreams came true. We haven't bought a house and probably won't until next year, unless by some miracle we can get our finances in order. We don't have new cars and the big vacation I'd hoped to take has turned into a long weekend in Florida sleeping on SherBears fold out couch. I'm looking forward to Florida, but I'd wanted another cruise or something. That's it - I want SOMETHING to happen. Something to change. Something.

Today is not my day.

Peace.

No comments: