Tuesday, September 18, 2001

I know we're all feeling the pain of last Tuesday's terrorist acts and that we will continue to be effected for some time to come. I only personally know a few of you out there reading this, but we're all interconnected by mutual friendships. Judging by the folks that I do know and love, I know that we are strong and we will overcome these feelings of vulnerability, anger and mistrust. All we can do is just keep on keeping on. We will all deal with this in our own ways, but we should stick together. If any of you reading this need to talk or a virtual shoulder to cry on, please get in touch.

Getting on with life...

My birthday was very nice. Chinese for dinner at Nancy Chang and I ate far too much. Excellent crab rangoons, so I send a big thanks to Toad for the recommendation. Mom drove up and dropped off a balloon and Filenes gift certificate. She certainly knows how to overcompensate for the whole biological father thing! I’m psyched to get some new work clothes for fall & winter. The weather at Monster is usually cold in summer & hot in winter so my collection of sweaters is out.

I had a fog cutter at dinner then came back and had some shots with Grips. He left at around 11 pm, I think so I could get some b-day sex. The only problem is that I’d done several shots and I was a mess. I totally got numb & almost blacked out. I’ve certainly experienced these feelings before, but it’s been a while & in the past I’ve had a hell of a lot more to drink. I really hadn’t planned on getting blotto, but there I was. BLOTTO. Needless to say I didn’t get my rocks off last night, but I’m sure Blixx will accommodate my needs whenever I’m sober enough to enjoy myself.

I’m in a Word 2000 class as I type this blog. I’m self-taught on the program & I’m actually learning a great deal about the advanced functions of the program. It’s neat that my company will pay to take all of these classes and I’m taking advantage of it as much as possible. It’s a good resume builder.

Today I get out early so we’re either going kayaking or out shopping for cars for Blixx. I’m betting on kayaking, but we’ll see if Blixx wants to get serious about car shopping.

It’s a beautiful day. I hope you all get a chance to enjoy it.

Peace.

No comments: