Wednesday, September 05, 2001

So I wsa listening to a local radio station the other morning on my way in to work. Jamin 94.5 (Boston) does what they call a JamScam every morning, where they call some unsuspecting person and scare the Hell out of them.

Rhinogirl and Sparks should enjoy this one. I'm paraphrasing, so don't sue me or anything:

DJ: Yes, may I speak with the future Mrs. XXXXX please? This is Mr. Dohoo from the bridal shop.
MRS: Yes, this is she.
DJ: Oh, I'm glad I caught you. We've had a little accident down here at the shop that you should be aware of.
MRS: Accident?!?
DJ: Yes Ma'am. We were dying your bridesmaid's shoes and some dye seems to have gotten on your dress.
MRS: WHAT! You've got to be kidding me! What the Hell happened?!
DJ: We were dying the shoes rasberry like you requested, and some dye spilled onto your dress. We're real sorry.
MRS: First of all, my shoes are supposed to be teal. You sure you got the right person?
DJ: [describes the dress in detail]. Yes, well the dye spilled down the front of the bodice. Again, we're real sorry. Give us a call if there's anything we can do....[makes noises like getting off phone]
MRS: Hello?! Yeah, you can do something! You all are going to have to fix this. I'm getting married on Saturday and I will have this dress by then.
DJ: Well Ma'am, that really isn't going to be possible since the dye is permanent. We tried to get it out this morning but it just seemed to make the dye run. It's all over the dress - you'll just have to get a new one. Sorry.
MRS: Sorry? You're damn right you're sorry! Sorriest bunch of assholes I've ever talked to! You dont seem to understand you [radio edit]! This is my mother's [edit] dress she passed down from me. I'm getting married on Saturday! THIS [edit] SATURDAY! Where the [edit] do you think I can get a [bleep]ing dress with such short notice!?!? (by now the poor woman is hyperventalating on the phone)
DJ: Who is JC?
MRS: What? My maid of honor. Why?
DJ: She told me to Jam Scam you!!!!!

Ladies, at least your friends aren't adding to your torture! It's a big day, but it's only one day out of your entire lives. Try to keep it in perspective and you'll be fine.

I don't know when I'll get to post next, as I'll be out of the office for the next two days. I could try to post from home, but our connection speed is stupid slow and it makes me sad. If I don't talk to you, have an excellent weekend!

No comments: