Monday, September 17, 2001

Moving on with life…

V & I had a wonderful birthday party on Saturday over at Grip’s house. My Mom & her Dick came up and were psyched to be included in the party. Mom almost cried she was so thrilled. Everyone behaved themselves and I made it out alive. Grips got me flowers and a Diet Coke. Teacher and GeriDog got me a coupon for an hour massage with this girl that they’ve been raving about for years! I’m so psyched to make an appointment and get pampered! Mom got me a cahmere sweater and a pretty purse, and her Dick got me a puzzle. Once the family had gone, I picked up the pace on my drinking and we ended the evening outside of Grip’s house making fun of the college students wandering the streets looking for a keg party. Oh, to be young again. Blixx stayed up WAY too late to be getting up at 5am, but he’s a trooper.

Blixx had to work on Sunday so I slept in. I haven’t slept past 9am in what seems like forever, but Cleo the cat told me to go back to sleep so there I was at 11am all cozy and warm. The only thing I managed to do was go grocery shopping. I didn’t leave until kind of late in the afternoon but I didn’t’ get home until after 7! I think people are preparing for the worst because I saw plenty of folks stock piling staples – much like shopping the night before a hurricane is supposed to hit. I was at the checkout counter forever and getting really annoyed with the ladies in front of me, until I realized that they were buying for the area Food Bank who are sending the supplies to NYC. I helped her unload her cart and we chatted for a while. I just couldn’t be mad at someone for doing such a good deed, even if she took forever doing it. Hell, she gave me coupons for the yogurt I bought so it’s all good.

Tempest and Purge sent me a $25 gift certificate at Amazon.com. Just as the e-mail came in, I was on the Amazon site updating my wish list. Wacky timing! SherBear sent me a wicked funny card too! I’d tell you what it is, but then I wouldn’t be able to send it to you

Blixx sent me the most beautiful flowers here at work. The lilies smell wonderful, but there’s all sorts of flowers in there. It’s terrific and I love it and he’s a good husband. He also put an envelope in my bag this morning & told me not to open it until he calls. When he called & I opened it…it’s another massage, this time from the lady who shares an office with Dr Jim. He didn’t know that Teacher * GeriDog were getting me the other one.

What, am I THAT stressed out that I need 2 massages?! Am I?!?!?!?! AM I?!?!?!?!?

Seriously, it’s a thoughtful gift and I’ll be psyched to go to the appointment on Wednesday night after work. I’ve never had a professional massage before, so I’ll tell you all about it.

4:10pm The Bitches just brought over a cake. No singing happy birthday, no gathering of well-wishes. There was just a cake on my desk. I should be happy that they thought of it at all, but it was such a crummy presentation! I called a few people in management that I’m friendly with and one came over, but still…I almost cried. I admit it. Blixx asked me if I was going to loose it on my birthday and I said no, but I think I lied.

I’m off to go brave the security at the clinic to pick up my prescription, then out to dinner with Blixx. Chinese or Mexican? I love Chinese food, but margarita’s sound really good about now. Although, there’s always a scorpion bowl… decisions decisions. Or maybe the biker bar – they have great apps!

Cat – I’m glad you e-mailed. It’s nice to have new friends.

Peace, Out!

No comments: