Wednesday, September 19, 2001


Check out some pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how to get pictures to publish on this site so I have to link.I also need to either give Grips a whole pile of pictures to scan or get a damn scanner myself.

I overslept for work today. This is the first time it’s happened in years and years. They shut our power off yesterday for a while to upgrade our electric meters and when I reset my alarm, I apparently should have checked the AM/PM thing a little more carefully. I awoke at 8:20 am when my little cat Koya came on the bed looking for love. I should be in the car at 8:20 so you’ve never seen a person take a faster shower in your life – in and out in record time. I still ended up being 15 minutes late, but it could have been worse. This isn’t going to be a super productive week, as I didn’t do a lot on my birthday, wasn’t in yesterday because of that class & I’m leaving early today to get to my massage in time. I’m definitely banging into work on Friday too, which isn’t the greatest idea because 2 of my folks are leaving early, but I want to spend the day with Blixx. He’ll be working straight through from Sunday to next Friday and I miss him already. He’s staying in Springfield tonight too. I get the whole bed to myself, but I’ll miss his warmth.

Class ended up getting out super early at 1:00pm yesterday, so Blixx and I went out to lunch with Toad at the Horseshoe pub. It’s Octoberfest so they had all sorts of strange menu items (like saurkraut balls) that ended up being delicious, and we continued on our beer safari. I had a concord grape ale that was delicious – not too sweet. We ate and drank ourselves silly and had a great time. We spend the rest of the day over at Toad’s just hanging out and playing darts. I used to be quite good at the game, playing in a league and everything, but I seem to have lost my touch. It was sad to see the darts flying willy nilly all over the place, so I decided to give up. I’ve definitely got to practice!

Amazing Race is on tonight. I caught the first episode and it’s hysterical. Strange couples from all walks of life have to get across the world. They are clueless and I love it. I’m also looking to catch Wolf Lake with Lou Diamond Phillips, or perhaps I’ll see what Grips is doing and go out for some beers with him. We’ll see.

Peace.

No comments: