Wednesday, September 26, 2001

I’ve discovered WinMx, a Napster type clone. It’s awesome! I’ve downloaded almost 300 songs, including the Jaws theme (which I want to set as my start up music) & some hilarious Simpsons quotes, among many many many other songs.

Chynakatt’s current favs: (check back because the menu changes daily)
Alicia Keyes – ‘Fallin’ is all over the radio, but her other tracks are beautiful blues & jazz
Runner up prize to: Blu Cantrell, Hit ‘em up style

Music you should listen to that you might not have heard before:
Portishead & Melissa Ferrick.

Nightskye – if you’re still into angry women guitarists check out Melissa Ferrick.

I just walked back from the local Thai food place where for $6 I got enough pad thai to last for lunch the rest of the week. I’ve had better, but it’s quite tasty and a value so I’m not complaining. Work is still super duper slow. We’re all managing to LOOK busy, but I’m really scared of layoffs. There have been a lot of closed-door manager meetings lately and I don’t like it one bit. My resume is being updated almost daily.

No comments: