Tuesday, September 04, 2001

Nightskye – I always admired your excellent taste in women. Thank you for the uplifting Cosmo commentary. Rhinogirl, you’ve got yourself a good one there.

This article is from CNN, who had a big special on this weekend about shark attacks. Head down towards the bottom for an aerial picture taken just off the coast of Florida of sharks swarming off-shore. On tv they show the swimmers and surfers not all that far away.

Howard Stern was reading part of this article on his show this morning. Is this kind of data supposed to make us feel better about leaving the house?

The International Shark Attack File.


My Weekend, by ChynaKatt –

The weekend was excellent, as long as you don’t mind kids. There were a lot of kids. Blixx’s Mom showed up right on time as always. She’s going on a bus tour of the national parks out west next week so she’s all excited. She wants to be a tour bus driver…I feel a career change (again) in the works. Rox and her brood were late, as always. We all went out to lunch and then to the Worcester Ecotarium. Lunch was OK since there was an adult for every child. Vinnie Testa's actually has decent food. Her oldest, the only boy, has improved his behavior dramatically. He’s still going to grow up to be a punk, but he’s civil at least. Julia is still a blonde little 3 yr old angel, although I see her trying way too hard for attention. Dawn is 2 and cute as a bug. She’s talking better than V, but then again she has the rest of the crew to talk to her all day. Baby Jessica is a sweetie who didn’t cry once. She hung off of Blixx’s goatee and hair. Super cute.

The Ecotarium is a zoo type thing and is in major disrepair. It was free because it was the 1st Saturday of the month, so no complaints from me. We rode the little train around and saw foxes and bald eagles and owls. They have the saddest looking polar bear I’ve ever seen. I just wanted to reach on in there and give it a big hug. We got home around 6pm. I ate some left over pesto and crashed on the couch. I have no idea how Rox manages 4 friggin kids every day of the week – I was wiped out! We’d talked about all kinds of potential plans for the night, but I just slept until it was time to go upstairs and go to bed. Dead tired!

Sunday started with a bang. <--- Get it? Once the afterglow had subsided, we went to a BBQ over at GeriDog’s house. She invites her friends, her kid’s friends, family, wierdos and co-workers…quite the eclectic crowd. We had a fine time, as always, and despite playing Spin the Baby after a 6 pack in the hot sun, there were no major incidents. DaveGrips came over after he put the wife and kid to bed and we drank until 2 am. We got to telling stories about our greatest drunk adventures and I was reminded of the time Purge puked in Tempest’s purse and I puked…well, everywhere, including on myself. Various New Year’s were brought up and the boys shared stories as well. It just seemed a natural progression to grab the shot glasses and pour out a few rounds of Parrot Bay rum. That stuff is so good there’s no burn at all, so we pounded down a few. Blixx was against us doing shots, but we out voted him. Drunk Girl was in the house, YO! Woo Hoo, no work on Monday!

You’d think I’d be all hung over and nasty the next day, but I woke up with all the energy in the world. I chased Blixx around the house until he got his poop in a pile, then off we went for a kayak adventure. We’d planned on driving to a great spot about an hour away, but we got a late start so we decided to just head over to Whitehall. I’d never seen so many people there ever! Granted it was a beautiful day and the last full day of summer, but there were still a ton of folks there. It wasn’t the usual quite float experience that we’re used to, but it was still nice to get out. I charred my boobs so I’ve got yet another sun burn to bitch about. For the record, I was wearing sunblock too.

I’m out of the office Thursday afternoon on a shopping mission for work. I get to spend $$ buying expensive and cool prizes for a contest we’re having. Lunch and drinks are on the company even. We’ll have a great time and I’m sure we’ll be done early. Friday I’m taking a PowerPoint class offsite & I’m guaranteed to start the weekend at 3:30pm. This will be the shortest week ever!!! I’m psyched!

Into the future…

No comments: