Friday, August 31, 2001

I haven’t had a lot of blog time lately, so sorry about that. Work has been absolutely crazy! Tons to do, all on a deadline, and all over the place. I’m remembering the times I was bored here quite fondly and praying for it’s return.

Patriots played a terrific game last night, beating the Redskins soundly. We watched it over at Toad’s place with DrJim. We drank and smoke and ate like kings…a good time. I crashed out in Blixx’s arms on the couch at the end of the 3rd quarter, waking only when the Pats scored again. I was beat. Work has been sucking all the energy out of me but in the time of lay offs, I want to be sure that I’m giving my all. An IT chick got let go a few days ago. That’s all I’ve heard lately, but I’m still scared. Again.

I’m taking a PowerPoint class today here at work. I figure that I’ll get as much educational opportunities as I can while I can. I’ve signed up for Advanced Excel and Word too. Today’s is a little boring, as I’ve self-taught myself most of what we’ve gone over so far, but I have managed to learn a thing or two.

Rumor has it that we might get let out early today. I could use the extra time to clean my house – Blixx’s sister’s kids will get into everything so I can leave no stone unturned. We’ve got plans every day this weekend and it doesn’t look like I’ll get to sleep in much at all. Oh well, we’ll be drinking and hanging out with friends and family so it will be a good time.

We’re getting tickets to Jane’s Addiction and Live for October in Worcester. I'm psyched! Blixx has seen Jane's a few times and we've both seen Live, but it should be a wild show. It's also right down the road from our house so it's a safe drunk drive distance for us. It's a Tuesday night, so I feel a sick day coming on that Wednesday. I’m hoping Blixx is hitting re-dail to Ticket Bastard right now.

Gotta run back to class. Have a terrific long weekend!

Into the future…

No comments: