Monday, August 13, 2001

Quick post here, as I’m not sure what the day holds in store for me. It’s definitely Monday. Reports at work still aren’t fixed which means another week of battling with the ‘Help’ desk, who frankly aren’t that helpful.

Um, I believe the Patriots shut out the Giants in preseason, after they had been practicing together for the past week even. In your face NY!

It will cost me $756.30 to fix the air conditioning in my car. I’m going to research places to buy one used or re-furbished to save a few bucks, as I almost drove off the road when they quoted me a price! Perhaps I just suffer for the rest of the summer, and get a new car next January when the Nanny guilt money comes in again. Got some decisions to make and things to ponder before paying out more money on my car.

DrJim & HighOctane didn’t end up coming over Friday. All that cleaning was for nothing! Well, perhaps it needed to be done anyway. Perhaps. Toad and DaveGrips came over and we drank ourselves into oblivion. One minute there were 2 cases of beer and a 12 of Mike’s in the fridge, next there was nothing.

Saturday I woke early and started reading some of the vampire smut books that Tempest was kind enough to hook me up with. I am now addicted to Anita Blake – Vampire Hunter. He He! Blixx slept until 2pm, when I woke him to get into the car so we could head out to Rhode Island. BazarJ and family put on a fabulous spread and it was great to hang out and play with his kids. Huge T-Bone steaks were excellent, but it was the company that was the best. I may start referring to BazarJ as Blondie…I think he looks good with surfer blonde hair. Saturday night we got home really late and watched the Loony Tunes Farscape and laughed ourselves silly. I love that show and cartoon D’Argo was outrageous.

We were going to go out for breakfast on Sunday, but Blixx started looking a little green around the gills. All the partying of the weekend caught up to him or something, because he just felt like ass all morning. We went over to DaveGrips and watched him hang new curtains then went over to a friend’s for a BBQ. DaveGrips’ daughter V is so awesome. She likes me for some reason and we spent some real quality time together coloring and whatnot. Poor uncle Blixx got no love. At the BBQ she was getting antsy being inside so I asked her if she wanted to go to the playground. She led the way and off we went. I guess she doesn’t go anywhere with anybody and her parents were expecting a fit of some kind. I knew DaveGrips couldn’t leave us along, and sure enough he was out checking on us after 5 minutes. He’s a good dad – an asshole, but a good dad. I played with the baby on the swings and the slide for almost an hour. Back at their house we watched an X-Files re-run and V layed across my lap and dozed. There’s nothing like a sleeping baby on your lap to bring out the maternal instincts. Good times.

The weekend was filled with drunken debauchery and small children. I like to diversify every now and again.

I’m glad to hear that Rhinogirl’s shower was a hit and that Nightskye is now privy to the big secret tattoo on Purge’s calf. Controversy over.

No comments: