Friday, August 17, 2001

I'm full of funky links today. I hope thats alright.

In surfing the net looking for amusements, I came across this article about our alleged tax refund checks. According to this, we're just going to get screwed for the money next year. I mean, I'm not shocked to be screwed by the government. I'm not that nieve - I knew there had to be a catch. I'm just a little astounded that they were able to pull this off so well. Perhaps I'm just the last to learn of this - I'm not as up to date on current events as I should be.

I want to go see a movie this weekend. I know Blixx wants to see Planet of the Apes, but I'm thinking more along the lines of American Pie 2. I need a good comedy, and from all the blog reviews of Apes, I'm just not into it. Check out this selection. Any suggestions?

I'm still tweeking the website, and I'm open to suggestions. I've also got something that might help.

I was reading Angel's blog and she DID manage to depress me. Good job, girlie! There was a lot of press coverage about the 15 year old girl's abduction, as it started in MA. I find it so hard to believe that the parents would be so out of the loop as to not suspect that there was something wrong with their daughter. The whole thing started online when the LI Scumbags chatted (via AOL IM) with the girl about helping her run away. They picked her up after her shift at the mall and drove her back to LI. I know it's hard to be a parent, but I hope to the higher power(s) that I'll be a better parent than these folks. Blixx and I do want to have children and we will do our best to raise them the best we can. We will raise him/her to be strong and have a healthy sense of self-worth. I can't promise that I will be their best friend, but I will make sure that there's an adult that I trust, that the kid trusts as well - an aunt or uncle they can confide in, but who will also confide in me if there are any major problems.

As for the single mother of 5...that's 5 tax deductions, and 5 more bucks on the welfare check. I know - I'm forever the optimist.

There was another