Thursday, August 16, 2001

Blixx is off hiking and camping for the night, so it's bed and a book for this girl. I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm hoping that a good night sleep will break me out of the funk I've been in. I'm sick of the same shyt different day mentality that I've easily fallen back into. I need some excitement, some adventure. Perhaps my rafting trip next week will take care of that. We shall see.

I saw a news story today that said that there was a strange gathering of sharks off the coast of Florida. There have been several shark attacks off the coast of MA too. Hmmm, I wonder if they are plotting to take over the world?

In other news:
Hooters plans to fight waitress' 'toy Yoda' claim
PANAMA CITY, Fla. — A spokesman for the owner of several local Hooters restaurants said the company will fight a former waitress' lawsuit alleging her employer promised her a Toyota but gave her a toy Yoda. Jodee Berry, 26, won a contest in early May to see who could sell the most beer in April at the Panama City Beach Hooters. The top-selling waitress from each restaurant in the area was entered into a drawing, and Berry's name was picked. She believed she'd won a new car.

The jokes just write themselves.

Into the future... (slowly but surely)

No comments: