Monday, August 20, 2001

Greetings all! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was quite relaxing, actually. There was a lot of talk about getting off the couch and doing something, just not a lot of action. Blixx got back from his camping adventure at around 9, and we ate pizza and watched Farscape with DaveGrips. I do so love that show, and I’m dying to see what goes on when everyone gets back on Moya. I’ve heard that the SciFi channel is running the series from the very beginning at 8pm Mon – Thurs starting next week. You can bet that our vcr will be all set to tape. Besides, there isn’t a whole lot new and interesting on TV lately. Witchblade’s season finale is this week, so my Tuesday nights will be free again until October when Buffy starts up again.I'd give you a link to Buffy, but WB discontinued her website. Bastards!

We went over to DaveGrip’s house on Saturday and floated in his pool for a few hours. The weather report had said it was going to be a super nice day, yet once my little tootsies entered the pool a dark and menacing cloud appeared and did not dissipate until I had retreated into the house. Damn the Weather Channel to Hell! While I didn’t get the sunburn I had hoped for, I did manage to finish book 4. I was so into the book I forgot that I was freezing my ass off. We grilled a steak and I made veggie goulash from a summer squash and tomatoes from their garden. Veggie stealing – it’s a crime of passion. As we were crashing out with Alex the cat and watching the Patriots pull off another win over Carolina, we realized that we would inevitably fall asleep and perhaps we should be on our own couch, with our own cats. We were lazy pieces of shyt all weekend long and loved every minute of it.

Sunday we went out to Uno’s for dinner and I got a Chicago Blues Electric Ice Tea. It’s a blue LI Ice tea and I was good and buzzed by the time we saw the movie. I highly recommend this blue devil of a drink.

MOVIE REVIEW: Ok, so we saw Planet of the Apes. I’d read all of your reviews so I knew that the ending was going to suck and that Marky Mark was wearing far to many clothes to be interesting, but I didn’t expect the sexual tension between Mark and the ape lady. I found it unsettling. Lisa Marie’s collagen injected lips were also a bit too bazaar. I’m glad I saw the movie on the big screen for the detail of the sets. The ape city was absolutely beautiful to look at, & a great deal of thought was put into the movements of the apes, costumes etc. Really good to look at, but as usual the script lacked style and ooompf.

We didn’t pay for the movie. Our local Hoyt’s theater doesn’t have anyone checking tickets at the door. So, we just waltzed in, past the super long line of lemmings at the ticket counter. This isn’t the first time we’ve done it either. I mean, what are they thinking? You can just walk right in and no one challenges you. The ironic thing is that we bought several movie passes from AAA for a discount. We’ve essentially already paid for the movies, but we haven’t had to use the passes yet. I suppose we will use them eventually, since they do expire at the end of the year. Maybe that’s what we’ll give for Christmas presents. At $5.00 a soda, I’m not feeling the least bit guilty shafting them.

In my continuing quest to bring you shark related news, I saw that there were two more attacks reported in Florida over the weekend. I don’t think I’ll be doing any ocean swimming on my visit to Florida in October.

Well, work sucks the same as it did last week. My only consolation is that I’m leaving Wednesday for vacation. I just took advantage of my bosses return from HER vacation and in a weak moment she decided to let me have Wednesday off, rather than me having to work a ½ day. Considering that we’ve got a 7-hour drive ahead of us, I’m glad we can leave as early as possible. Want to see where I’ll be? Check out the MOXY link on the right. I’ll be camping right next to Lake Moxie and rafting on Friday. I’m hoping to check out Moxie Falls and do some kayaking on the lake as well. Um, I cannot wait. I am obsessed and have even put a picture of Lake Moxie on my desktop to stare at.

I am regretful that I will not be able to attend Darkmoon’s party this Saturday. I look forward to all the gruesome details. I wonder if Syn & T will even show up. Damn, I wish I could be there. Someone tell Syn I say HI and give her my e-mail, will ya? Thanks.

Back to work for this girl.

Into the future…

No comments: