Monday, August 06, 2001

Congratulations to JoJo and Chulo! JoJo informed me this morning that she's pregnant! Great news - and I'm glad you had a good wedding night after all the agrivation at the reception. Let's all start thinking boy names.

The weekend was soggy. Blixx went camping Friday night, so I had the house to myself. I rented “Save the Last Dance” and suffered through the plot holes and bad editing. Yes, I said editing. My husband has ruined movies for me by making me aware of how they work, or rather how they SHOULD work. Anyway, I went into the rental knowing that the movie would be crap (MTV Productions), but I was unaware of the level of crap.

Actually, I started Saturday off by waking far too early, for no reason I could comprehend. There I was at 7:20 am all wide-awake. I watched cartoons for a bit, but those f*cking Pokeman are everywhere at that hour so I gave up. I was scheduled to bring my car down to Speedy to get the air conditioning fixed once and for all, so I decided to go for it.

Ok, so this is the third time I’ve brought the car in to fix the thunking noise in the A/C and I’m already pissed. When I’d called on Thursday to set this up, the manager Bonehead (no point in talking to peons) assured me that if it wasn’t working after the recharge (that I don’t remember authorizing), then it must be the switch. Apparently, this is a common problem with GM cars. I say great, and tell him I’ll be there no later than 10am so he can fix the car right up.

I get there Saturday and at first I’m told that it’s really busy, they are down a mechanic and he doesn’t know when he’ll be able to look at my car. It is at this point that I decide to wait. Once he’s sure that I’m not going away any time soon (there was some dramatic pacing, watch checking and glaring into the shop) he goes and checks my car. I then begin to rehearse my indignant speech about how I’m not going to pay full price, third trip in etc.

After about ½ hour, Bonehead comes out and confirms that it is in fact the switch that’s our problem. At least he recognizes that it’s his problem too. He then informs me that he’ll have to order the part and he can’t do that until Monday. The SOB didn’t think to order one for me when I’d scheduled the morning appointment! He has no response when I ask him. Nothing to say!!! Jerkoff! Oh, I’m mad as Hell! I’ve reported the shop to their corporate office, as well as to AAA. I won’t call the Better Business Bureau until I find out if there is going to be a charge for the service. Bastards think they can screw with me?!

Funny answering machine messages.

No swimming due to the moist conditions, but I did manage to nap at DaveGrips with his poor lonely cat that gets no attention. Is that wacky - to nap at a friend's house while they are on vacation? Then wacky I am!

Blixx came home Saturday night and told me how nice the weather was in NH. Crapass! (Copywrite Nightskye). We watched FarScape hung out close to home. I can’t believe they killed off one of the beautiful sexy Crightons! That one was Tempest’s. How will they get the neural clone of Scorpie out of my Crighton’s head now that Jack is gone? BazarJ greeted me with this question before I could even have my coffee this morning. He’s alway's been a risk taker.

Sunday was spent at the Laundromat washing just about everything we own. We’ve been existing on a load here and there at Toad’s or DaveGrip’s but we hadn’t done EVERYTHING in months – literally. It’s good to have clean matching sheets again, and all my nice undies are fresh and clean. No more of the panda bear cotton briefs with frayed elastics. Blixx is so pleased.

I am pleased as well – we had date night last night. I never knew the Simpsons could be so hot. I hope I’ve embarrassed you Blixx. You are cute when you blush.

A big blogger welcome to Rhinogirl – aka Nightskye’s Angel.

It’s 95 degrees outside right now and I don’t have air conditioning. It’s going to be one of those weeks, I can already tell.

Into the future…

No comments: