Thursday, August 02, 2001

Smoker's Rights

So, I’m getting more responsibility at work, but not any more money. I don’t know if these new tasks (including hiring & payroll for the entire department) are being pawned off on me, or given in the hope that I’ll excel and eventually get promoted. *Sigh* The bitches here don’t like me, although Youngster is smart enough to hide her distain well.

We didn't go kayaking last night. By the time I got over there it was just too late to get everyting together and go. So, we sat around drinkign & smoking & eating BBQ. It was a nice evening, especially so because Toad had just returned from rafting the Colorado River with his friends Anti-Bill and Renegade. Man, there were some good stories. I think we're heading out there next year.

Drunk Cat

Blixx and Toad are going camping Friday night into Saturday. I think I'll be floating in DaveGrips pool all day - weather permitting.

BazarJ and his wife Combatboots are expecting another child in April. Congrats! I say he deserves a girl...I'm looking forward to having dinner with him and his family next weekend. Remind me to bring salad.

Cow F*cker???

Speaking of cows, does anyone want to go to The Big E with us the weekend of September 22nd? We went last year and the people watching alone was worth the price of addmission. I also want to try to coordinate a trip the The Durham Fair, which is that following weekend.

The rest of the summer is starting to fill up as far as weekend plans, which is refreshing. I like it when we have something to do. Our friend Callista who got married in October just gave us $150 gift certificates to Cuddles n Bubbles on Cape Cod. I'm looking at the site and thinking that we'll get a freebie, but this place is pricey as all getout. We'll probably go down on the off-season to avoid the crowds, but I look forward to having a hot tub right in our room. Mmmmm, hot tub! She gave us these GC because Blixx did a video of their wedding ceremony for them. In true Blixx style he outdid himself, so we were thanked. I feel bad now, considering that we didn't buy them a gift, assuming the video WAS the gift. Now we'll have to do something nice for them - perhaps out to a nice dinner or something.

Quantum Leap meets Star Trek. Read about Enterprise.

Into the future...

No comments: