Monday, September 10, 2001

I got out of class at around 3:30 on Friday and was psyched to do a little shopping at area stores that aren’t convenient to where I work. The Fashion Barn had nothing that I wanted. I found a few things at the Christmas Tree shops but then had to wait in line for 20+ mins to check out because all the cashiers were new. I just have had no luck at all shopping lately! I think I need to find some girlfriends to shop with to make it more fun.

Blixx was working in RI and I knew he’d be late, but I started to panic when he didn’t call or show up until 10pm! Grips came over and kept me and the big bottle of wine company, which was nice, and I yelled at Blixx when he did finally arrive. I’d polished off a good deal of wine by the time he got in so he had DrunkGirl to deal with, which was punishment enough. Poor dude worked an 18 hour day!

I felt bad waking him up at 9am on Saturday, but we had to get the Laundromat with enough time to be able to get to Grip’s by 3pm. We actually set a new time record for ourselves – 2 ½ hours to get literally 200 lbs of laundry washed, dried and folded. We had some hustle. It must have been the delicious banana French toast I made with Portuguese sweet bread that did the trick.

I got to Teacher and Grip’s house at just about 3pm and was quite proud of myself to be on time. We hung for a bit then the ladies were off to the wedding.

THE WEDDING OF TROLL AND DIPSHIT

We went in GeriDog’s van, as we didn’t think either of them would recognize it. It was myself, Callista, GeriDog, Teacher and baby V. The bride arrived 30 mins late for her own wedding and when she popped out of the limo she looked like an Army drill sergeant waving her arms and whatnot at her poor bridesmaids. Her maid of honor was a Barbie like blonde who actually leaned out of the church’s front door and pitched her gum into the bushed right before the ceremony – she ws classy. Troll’s dress wasn’t as outlandish as we had hoped, but it did show off her enormous butt. I’m not just being critical – you’d think she’d know she has a big ol’ butt and wear a more flattering design. Her hair is dyed a red so beyond red that it’s magenta. We ladies were disappointed that she didn’t look worse, but what can you do? Callista brought a Mylar balloon that read: “You’ll be missed” and tied it to the fence right in front of the church where all cars and pedestrians would have to see it. Dipshit was spotted looking tired and panicked, but we never really got a good look at the bride. They didn’t’ do any pictures at all outside of the church. It was a little anti-climactic, but at least we know for sure that they are married. We were all thinking that she’d bolt at the last minute, as she has done in the past. It was sad however that we didn’t recognize anyone outside of the wedding party. Woobie and DirtDirt were groomsmen, but other than Dipshit’s Mom there wasn’t anyone there from Dipshit’s theater friends or high school buddies. He has no one left but her now…I hope the sex is worth it. New bets are how long it takes for her to realize that he’ll never make enough money for her or never have ambition to make anything out of himself – she’ll leave him. We know she will.

Saturday night we all got back together at Grip’s and had pizza and beer. I’d shot some video of our afternoon’s fiasco, but it came out really bad. I have no idea how to focus. It wasn’t my camera – that’s my excuse anyway. No career in videography for this girl! Oh well. Blixx fell asleep on the couch with the kitten Jeremiah. We went home around 11 and he crashed out cold.

He worked again yesterday and for the record I don’t like all this working weekend’s crap. I woke up early with the intention of blasting out of the house and getting errands run so I could go over to Toad’s and watch the Patriots game. I even shut off the movie Roadhouse – knowing that I’d never get anywhere if I stuck around to watch Patrick Swayze’s fine ass.

I went to Oil Doctor to get an oil change and they told me I needed transmission fluid flush or some crap like that…$98 later I was on the road. I stopped to get gas at the station across the street because they have a free car wash with a fill up. I was all psyched, until my car wouldn’t start. Nope, just that awful clicking noise then nothing! Back to Oil Doctor and the manager said that they had put my battery on a charger while it was there because it seemed a little low. They sent Angel back to the station with me, but he didn’t’ have jumper cables and Blixx had mine in his car! I was glad to have someone who speaks Spanish with me, as just about all customers at the gas station didn’t speak English at all!

After many trials, we found a nice man willing to help with cables and got my car started up. Back at Oil Doctor they found that my battery wouldn’t take a charge. It wasn’t the alternator or starter, which would have been wicked expensive, but my car was started and the next stop had to be to get a new battery or else the car wouldn’t start again. I’d had problems getting it jumped even so I was sure that I was doomed. It’s like 1pm now and the game has already started so I know my afternoon plans are already shot. I went to NTB and got a new battery and watched the 1st ½ of the game in the waiting room with screaming children and smelly guys. Another $100 later and I’m ready to roll.

For the record, I’ve had such bad luck taking care of automotive endeavors recently that I’ve declaired that Blixx must handle all car repairs from now on. I’m a jinx and a curse and I won’t put myself (or our bank account) through any further torture. Car Repairs = Men’s work, like taking out the garbage.

Realizing that I won’t get to Toad’s at all, I decide to drive to the Wrentham Outlets. Me and everyone else were there and I walked around in the hot sun for a while, again not finding things I was looking for. North Face Outlet was having a sale and I was able to find some great stuff real cheap down there, but I lost my coupon for 10% off my total. The clerk wouldn’t give it to me, even though my account with them says I’m on the mailing list! He also said that he’d waited on a lady who had found a coupon on the floor….balls!

I’d also gone down there to buy myself a new watch because mine is still missing after our trip to Maine. The Casio store that has such great deals was closed for inventory. I have no shopping luck at all! It was very frustrating! I went home to relax with a beer and maybe find some bad TV to watch, but we still had to sort our socks/undies and fold the towels. I would have ignored these tasks, except Blixx had dumped the big bags onto the couch when he was looking for clean undies in the AM. Blast! So I cleaned up the house and sorted laundry until Blixx came home. He was cranky. We ate and chatted briefly about our days then went to bed at 10pm. I actually feel well rested today and wasn’t late to work, so I guess all this work he’s been doing has had a plus side.

This week is the auction for my department on Thursday night so this week will be busy getting ready for it. We need a spokesperson and I’ve volunteered myself. I want to raise my public image around here and gain further respect of my co-workers and managers. This will be high stress, but worth it if I keep my job when the bitches are gone. No decisions on that have been made, but I do know that there won’t be a Holiday party this year (last year it was at a hotel with bands etc and it was a big deal) and that they are probably canceling the sales conference too. I’m thinking that they will be dumping some sales folks in the near future too, but don’t quote me on that. I’ve also got someone coming in from our Indy office that I have to entertain for dinner Wednesday and then take around the office all day Thursday.

Busy week – what am I doing typing this blog? I’ve got work to do.

Into the future….

No comments: