Tuesday, October 02, 2001

The rumor about the layoffs was true. Starting this morning, they let two of the bitches go, as well as our part-time helper. There were 9 fatalities in my little department, including a much loved manager. There's no rhyme or reason to who is getting canned and who isn't. I hear that we should continue to live in fear until noon, so they can hit the late shift. It seems that I'm in the clear...for now. I just have to figure out how to do what we've been doing with 3 less people.

I assume that there will be a company meeting later today to discuss all of this. Our CEO is a young guy who got all choked up when they let a few folks go a couple of months ago. He swore up and down that he'd get rid of our breakfast bar and look at ways to cut overhead before he'd start layoffs. Well, there were bagels there this morning and plenty of people are pissed off that he lied to us. Should be interesting.

No comments: