Monday, October 15, 2001

It was a nice relaxed weekend. Friday night Grips came over and we stayed up way to late drinking and carrying on. Poor Blixx had no idea it was 1am...a bottle of wine will do that to a man...so he was pretty tired on Saturday for his shoot. It's all Grip's fault.

Saturday I drove down to CT to see Tempest & Jacknife and had an AWESOME time wandering the mall and Target. The life changing experience at Godiva was delicious and I bought tons of stuff at Old Navy. I just love their clothes and they had so much. I actually got to the mall early (gasp!) and went in to kill time...and apparently over $100, but it was worth is as I got Blixx and I some clothes for work.We hit all the stores and I found a long wool skirt I was looking for and Jacknife didn't break the bank so it was all good. I'd forgotten just how much fun it is to have company shopping. We all agreed that we should do it again real soon, and are actually planning a spa day trip that I'm very excited about.

The store clerk in Lindt asked Tempest & I if we were sisters. When she said blonde & short, I'm thinking dyke-do short and white blonde...and I was scared. Truth be told, I absolutely LOVE the color. Tounge out of cheek...it's a strawberry blonde & her mom did a great job with the highlights. It's shoulder length and brings out her eyes...a thumbs up from this hair color reviewer. Sisters in blood - no. Sisters at heart - Hell yeah!

I stopped on the way home and rented Mummy 2 for the night, as I figured (correctly) that Blixx just wasn't into leaving the house. It was good, and Ghost & Nightskye were correct in saying that the pigmy's were hysterical. Blixx didn't stay awake too much past the end & I stayed up pretty late drinking & smoking and watching bad tv.

Speaking of bad tv - we have a new favorite show called Mutant X. It's like XMen, but isn't. Victoria Pratt, last seen in Cleopatra 2525 is one of the major players and kicks ass like it's going out of style. There's some cute boys too. It's a waste of time show, but hell, what is tv for if it isn't to waste time?

We spent yesterday hanging out at home watching a great game between the Patriots and the Chargers. There was a lot at stake with this game, since Flutie is a home town boy, but we managed to pull of a win in OT. Great game!

Our flights to and from Florida don't seem to be effected so life is good. I'll be checking daily just to be sure. I can't wait to get away and see the big rat! I booked the rental car today and made reservations at Cuddles n Bubbles for Blixx's birthday in November. The place is expensive, but we have $100 gift certificate. I got the room with the heart shaped hot tub - WOO HOO.

I've got an interview tonight at Eaton Publishing as circulation assistant. As mentioned, it looks good on paper but I'll have to wait to see how the people are. Chatting with the chick who I've got the interview with and my first impression was that she needs to lay off the valium...space cadet! It will be good to get out and interview again. I'll tell you all how it goes tomorrow. Perhaps I'll have a job offer before I go to FL. Monster's policy is to let the person go and pay them for the 2 weeks so maybe I'll have a super huge vacation! My only worries would be that we'd be out of health insurance for a while. I'll have to check on that.

Gotta run and hand out paychecks. The hounds are circling.

Love to all.

Peace.

No comments: