Tuesday, October 16, 2001

I just spent my lunch hour catching up on e-mail and blogs.

Cat & UIM will be in CT soon I hear. When, where & why? I would certainly love an opportunity to meet you both IRL. Poor Ghost tells a sad tale. I hope they are both able to work it out and realize that life is too short to let the mundane BS get in the way of happiness. I'm glad to hear that WryGuy & Spark's wedding plans are right on schedule and that his health issues won't terribly impact the ceremony or honeymoon. Ally's story about the landlord cracked me up - the new found wealth will sure come in handy decorating your new house.

Because it's better to be safe than sorry, here's my flight info for Florida:
Delta Air Lines 2301 October 18, 2001 leaving Providence 3:10PM arriving in Orlando 6:10PM.
Delta Air Lines 2420 October 23, 2001 leaving Orlando 11:50AM arriving in Providence 2:35PM

The interview went very well. I have a good feeling that they will call me back for a second interview, but I'm pretty sure that I don't want the job. Apparently a "Circulation Assistant" is the person who data enters the address stuff from reply cards into a database. Just from chatting with her, I'm getting that the manager wants to move up fast and needs to pawn the shit work off on someone, thus the assistant. One thing that struck me as I waited for the interview was that no one walking by the reception desk on their way out for the night said good night to her. Not one person interacted with each other or the receptionist. I didn't like that vibe at all. Or perhaps it was the lack of vibe that got me. They have shitty bennies too, with only 1 week sick/personal time & 1 wk vacation the first year. Only 6 paid holidays. Nope, I don't think I'll be working there but it was a great interview and I've come away more committed than ever that I ROCK.

That's all from the self-serving egoist network.

Peace.

No comments: