Wednesday, October 31, 2001

Just got back from a company wide rumor dispelling meeting led by the ever so popular CEO Jeff Taylor. There's some restructuring going on with our corporate office and there's been talk of more lay offs here at Monster, but I'm happy to say that we won't be directly effected with the new business plan. Woo hoo! I was sick of worrying all the time. It was a good meeting overall and helped to raise the spirits and morale of the employees. Wacky thing is that Jeff wants to have a Holiday party here at the office (it's a cool office with plenty of space) where he DJ's and we bring in dishes. That sounds well & good, except that I'm naturally comparing it to last years gala event in Boston where the booze were plentiful, our spouses were invited, and we didn't have to bring our own dinner. Still, I think it will help me get back into the swing of work.

I've been looking for another job and not having too much luck. I WILL NOT accept any less money than I make right now (including bonus $$), unless it's for a college or university where I can take free classes. Too bad no one is hiring, or if they are they want to pay $10.00/hour! Who the hell can live on that kind of cash? The search for the perfect job continues. I did hear from Devil, the manager who I wanted to work for & who is moving to Scotland for a year - he's thinking that he'll have me come over for a week or so to organize the administrative process over there. I guess the sales folks send out their own collateral and it's an organizational nightmare. I am thrilled that he thought of me to head this up, as well as the thought of international travel. This is the big time now!

Grips came over last night and told us that our beer had exploded all over his kitchen the other morning. It's fermenting now and needs to vent the gasses produced by the yeast eating away at the sugars (thus, booze). We put a filter cap in it, but I guess all the maple sugar and brown sugar in the recipe threw it for a loop and there was an explosion all over the ceiling, walls and whatnot. Ooops...I'm betting that Teacher won't let us make beer in her kitchen for a while. Oh well. He rigged it back up and we should be all set to get hammered at Christmas.

Blixx's 29th birthday is coming up in November and I don't know what to get him. I've asked what he wants, and the only response I've been able to get are: 'a Jeep, you to quit smoking, & snowshoes.' If he gets off his ass and even looks for a Jeep, then fine that will be his gift...perhaps some fuzzy dice, but that kind of purchase would negate anything other than birthday sex. I will eventually quit smoking, probably when we get a house, definately if I get knocked up. Not a gift option, especially with the holidays coming up. I turn into a chimney at the THOUGHT of having dry turlkey with my mother. And I wouldn't know where to begin to get him snow shoes! I'd get a gift certificate, but that seems too impersonal. Maybe we'll just go shopping and he can pick out whatever he wants at REI. Of course, he always does that so it wouldn't be 'special.' Any ideas on wacky gift are apprecitated - hit the RAIN ON ME link at the top of the page for my e-mail address or check me out online at AOL IM.

Speaking of Blixx, he's off for the next few days and I've got some things for him to do. He knows this... the primary action items have been on the List for a while and aren't going anywhere. For instance, I've been after him to take our two air conditioners out of the windows for weeks now (since the first morning I had to scrape frost off my car), but last night he came out and said he would do it today. He PROMISED. Well folks, I got off the phone with him just a little while ago and it's done! Granted, the A/C units are probably still in the middle of the floor, but at least we can seal up the house and turn the heat on. It was freezing last night. So, Kudo's to Blixx for his accomplishment! Not to be a nagging wife, but I wonder if he remembered to take out the trash... :)

Logi - no talking for 2 weeks! Yikes! We'll be pulling for you. I liked Ally's idea to tape yourself yelling at the kids I know that I personally couldn't do it, no matter how much it hurt. Getting the last word in is a priority for me that I can't let go.

Ally - sweetie, this weekend is going to be rough for both Brogan and yourself, but it will be good to have some sort of closure for you both. Sad as a wake and funeral can be, be sure to remember the good times that you all shared and to celebrate Life, rather than the life lost. You're strong, and you'll get through this.

Tempest - I'm jealous that you're going on vacation AGAIN! About the Disney cruise, check out AAA for travel deals...I've seen some great prices on cruises. I like the cruise format, because you aren't tied down to any one spot for vacation. I mean, Aruba would be terrific, but do I really want to spend a week on the same beach when I could see 4 different beaches...think about the cruise.

I'm off to stuff more envelopes and lift more boxes and try to keep my spirits up. Today is a better day for me, and I hope it is for you all too.

No comments: