Thursday, October 25, 2001

We left out of Providence airport because it's actually easier for us to get to than Logan, as well as being cheaper to park etc. There was like no security there at all - just a few National Guard guys with sidearms, but not a big deal. They only half-assed searched my purse. We then had 2 hours to kill before our plane so I read one of the trashy romance novels Tempest had given me a while back. I was done with it by the time the plane touched ground in Orlando. There was a bit more security there, but not at all what I expected. Whatever. We made it.

I booked the plane & rental car online and had absolutely no trouble at all. The whole time I'm thinking in the back of my head that there would be a hassle, but it went without a hitch. We arrived at SherBear & FedExMan's house at around 7:30pm and proceeded to play catch up and have a few drinks over pizza. Their friend Dawson came over - I call him Dawson because he looks JUST LIKE Dawson...I mean he's a little heavier, but other than that he's got the blonde hair with dark brows and the same smile...it was spooky! Ask Blixx - this guy was a dead ringer! We did some shots and ate and drank and laughed and had a great time.

Both of them had to work on Friday so Sher used her employee pass to get us into MGM for free then we dropped her off at work. We ended up checking out Animal Planet and MGM that day & it was a blast. The safari ride was a hoot, with beautiful animals. The tree of life is incredible...and apparently has a phalic symbol carved into it. I'll have to get the pictures back to verify that one. We rode the rides and did the backstage tour. It rained briefly, so we ducked inside and grabbed a giant potato & turkey leg to gnaw on for a bit. Tower of Terror KICKS ASS in a big way, as well as the Rock n Roll Roller coaster.

Crap - work. This is going to be one of those days again. More at lunch.

No comments: