Friday, October 12, 2001


I'm still busy and actually can't post for long, as I've got a meeting right after lunch with my new micro-manager Dino. He's a cool guy and working with him on that contest was fine, but he's nit picking the hell out of everything that we do or don't do and has taken away many responsibilities from me. What's wrong with that? How am I ever going to get anywhere in this stinking company if I don't get my name out there to other folks in other departments?!

Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I've got an interview scheduled at a biotech publisher for Monday night. I'll tell you how it goes. It's for a Circulation Assistant, whatever that is. I put a healthy salary requirement in there and they didn't freak, so I'm thinking this could be a good opportunity for me. It's also only 20 mins on a bad day from my house, a straight shot up Rt 9 in Westboro. Even if the job isn't what I'm looking for, it will be great opportunity to finetune my interviewing skills. I find that I always do better when I go in with a 'whatever' attitude and don't sweat it out. That's how I've gotten my last 2 jobs. Blixx is supportive, but I think he thinks I'm crazy to jump jobs so much. <--- his words. I worked for ITT for a year, Unishippers for 2+ years and my year anniversary here at Monster is next Tuesday. I think I do just fine thanks.

I'm going to CT to meet Tempest so we can do some shop therapy this Saturday (if she ever calls me to set up a time!). Blixx is working in RI and they aren't putting him up for the night, so he's got 2 hours of driving after a 10 hour day on his feet. I heard from the last of my friends at UniShippers that she's quitting at 4:30 this afternoon and starts a new job on Monday. I am so psyched to see her get the hell out of there! I would love to see the look on the owners face when she turns in her keys and cell phone - he's going to be confused. He's the worst man to work for ever (ask any of us survivors) but he has no idea that he's the dick and main reason we all split. They've gone through 27 people in 3 years, in both sales and admin. That's horrifying, when you think that it's a small office with a max of 5 admins at any one time and I think the record for most sales people employed at one time was 6. He's such a dick! Dino is starting to remind me of him, which is why the interview.

Where have Wildcat and Logi been? Is everything OK ladies, or have you gotten so into the VAA that you've given up the outside world? I hope all is well. And, someone give Skye a hug for me please. His last post with the ants marching leads me to believe that he actually might have gone off the deep end and come unglued.

The president's speech last night was less than thrilling. I was hoping he'd share some information or at least calm the countries fears about the FBI warnings of terrorist attacks in the next few days. I'm more than a little freaked out, especially since we're flying in 6 days. I can rationalize all I want, but I'm still scared.

Plans are up in the air for Sunday. We might go to DrJim's & watch Flutie cream the Pats. We might go for a drive and look at the pretty colored leaves. We might just sit around the house in our PJ's drinkin beer all day. Blixx will be tired so I think we'll end up doing nothing. Maybe I'll rent a movie or something. I don't know, I told him it was up to him on plans.

Lunch is over & I've got to go explain myself (again) to Dino about why I went ahead and made decisions without checking with him first..."Because you're an ass and I am an intellegent woman who will do what's right for the employees and this company, even without your intervention." Should I leave out the part about the Ass?

Peace.

No comments: