Thursday, October 04, 2001

I've just had a meeting for some new job responsibilities and I'm a little scared. I would be acting as liason between the finance department and the account reps, as well as doing some collections work - a far cry from stuffing envelopes. It would be a lot of extra work and responsibility, including contact with customers (haven't had that since UniShippers). I don't think that there will be any additional money for this either, considering I'm lucky to even have a job. It feels good that the Ice Queen (leader of the sales dept and very scary) thought that I would be a good person for the job. I mean, I'd be nuts to say no...out of my mind! I just don't want to be taken advantage of.

Or is it that I'm scared of change. No, that can't be it because I'm constantly whining about how stagnant my life is. Crap! I guess I'll say yes and take it from there. I'll be trained on Oracle, so thats a resume builder if nothing else. Yep, I'll do it.

Quiet night last night. Blixx went kayaking with Toad then out to eat, so I hit Filene's to chip away at that gift certificate again. I got some beautiful silk PJ's in a smoky lavender with a subtle floral embroidery...absolutely beautiful! I also got some funny red velvet PJ's that looked so comfy I had to get over the strange beeding on the top. All this, plus some undies, for less than $25! I should be a professional shopper I'm so damn good at finding deals.

Blixx & I butted heads the minute he walked in the door and well into the night. Our Florida trip is coming up and he forwarded FedExMan's e-mail to me that asked which airport we're flying into and what rental car agency we're dealing with. I sent Blixx back a message saying Orlando International...but Blixx was apparently expecting me to contact FedExman back and get the directions etc. And Blixx is all pissed! So I give him attitude, so he gets even madder. He spent last night up in front of the computer while I was downstairs watching Amazing Race (not that amazing) and Wolf Lake (trippy good show). I was all ready to suck up and apologize when he started right up again, after hours! Whatever...he e-mailed & got the directions and I don't feel bad that he had to take 5 mins out of his busy schedule to type a fucking e-mail. Yeah, that's right!

I'm probably going out after work tonight to have a few pops with folks from work and some that were laid off. It'll be back at the Horseshoe but I don't know whose going yet. I may be drinking stag. I mentioned it to Blixx that he should stop by, but we'll see. I'm hoping that we're all resolved and that today is a new day.

I'm still waiting to hear back on if the shower massage counts...

Back to the grindstone... Peace.

No comments: