Thursday, January 10, 2002

From reading blogs, it seems that this month has been filled with strange dreams and pregnancies. Yikes! Cat- you never said what grade you got on the test.

I fell on my ass yesterday when I went out to start my car in the morning. Our parking lot is an ice rink and I was wearing the cutest chunky shoes...turned too fast or something then WHAM! I twisted my ankle pretty badly and had to sit in the car (after hauling my fat ass into it, wincing the whole way) for a while until I could walk back upstairs. Of course it was the one day this week that Blixx was working, the downstairs folks and mechanic dude had already left for the day. If I'd hit my head I would have been there for a very long time. I know, happy thoughts, but the little spill put a dent in my assumed-invincibility. Sometime during the fall, I must have whacked my arm against the car. It was a little sore last night, and I now have an ENORMOUS bruise on the back of my arm. It's wicked sore, but I guess I'll make it. The fall was actually a symptom of my crappy day. I won't bore you with the details - I'm still overworked and underpaid. That's really all you need to know.

On Broadway: While I don't often give my mother credit for anything, I will say that she raised me with an appreciation for the arts. I've seen several shows, including many musicals on Broadway and my top pick EVER would be seeing Yul Brenner in The King and I. Of course I'd seen the movie and loved everything about it, but to see him dancing on stage was breathtaking. Thanks for bringing me to a happy place Ghost. I’d say my second favorite musical theater experience would be seeing Rent – that show really got to me and made me laugh and cry and was everything that a musical should be. If you haven’t had the chance…see it. Experience it. It’s been a few years (damn time flies), but I still have the tapes in my car and sing along – loudly!

The latest issue of Entertainment magazine has a list of the top 100 must have DVD’s. While I don’t own a DVD player yet (I know, don’t start) it got me thinking of my favorite movies of all time. Well, maybe not of ALL time, but these are all flicks that I’ll stop and watch, no matter where it is in the movie, if I find them playing on a Sunday afternoon on USA or TNT. I’ve been working on this list for a couple of days, yet I feel that I’m missing a bunch. Regardless, here ya go:

Lady Hawke
Breakfast Club (or pretty much any John Hughes movie, to a lesser extent)
Days of Thunder
Highlander – the sequels don’t exist to me
Blade Runner
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
Krull
Lost Boys
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The African Queen
The Terminator & 2 (didja know you can see the terminator’s shlong? Watch the DVD real slow when he first appears)
Logan’s Run
Star Wars – all of them
Alien
Indiana Jones – any of them
Spaceballs
Dune
Gargoyles
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
The Jerk
Fame
West Side Story
Desperado - Antonio Banderas is HOT
Die Hard
Four Rooms
My Friend Flicka
Half Baked
Stand By Me
The Hitcher
Jaws
Conan – any of them, including Red Sonja
Labyrinth
Lady & The Tramp
The Princess Bride
Top Gun
Evita – with Madonna…it was good. Trust me.
Reservoir Dogs
Zorro – Antonio Banderas is HOT
The Black Stallion
Pink Panther – any of them, although Return is my fav
The Dark Crystal
Cocktail
Carrie (duh)
Lassie Come Home
Poltergeist
The Outsiders
Apocalypse Now
The Crow – like Highlander, the sequels don’t exist to me
Braveheart
Pulp Fiction


Definately missing a few, but so far so good.

Peace.

No comments: