Friday, January 11, 2002


On the topic of wine,
QuietMan: "Chynakatt, what would you consider White Zinfandel? Red, or white?"
Chynakatt: " I don't consider it much of anything at all."

Not a lot of posting going on, presumably you folks are all out there getting material to amuse me during my morning coffee. The weekend is almost here and I'm excited because I really don't have to do anything at all. Blixx may be working up in NH on Saturday so I may have the day to myself. I actually haven't been alone in my apartment for more than 20 mins in months and it's starting to get to me. Ok, so everything is getting to me.

I'm premenstral...I can admit that. Hell, I'd wear a t-shirt proclaiming it, just so others would be warned. Work has been draining and I'm really bothered by the fact that Blixx works only a few days a month for the same cash that I bring in 40 hours a week. Granted, he works his ass off and it's a much more physical job...that still doesn't ease my hormonal mind when I come home from a day filled with bitches and assholes, to find him sitting on the couch reading the 4th Harry Potter book!!! Rather than take it all out on him, I'm quiet as I drink my beer. Very quiet. Spooky quiet. I watch Batman Beyond (repeat - BALLS!) and try to relax, only to realize that I didn't eat lunch yesterday and I've got the hungry horrors. Dinner...I've got to cook dinner.

This shouldn't be news to me, nor should it be a big deal, as I cook dinner almost every night. I cook, Blixx does the dishes. It's how we've done it for years now and it's worked fine. Yesterday I was stressed and angry that Blixx wasn't stressed. So, I stomp (literally) into the kitchen and begin to throw things all over in an attempt to make dinner. Now, on the ride home I'd had this little fantasy that Blixx used his psychic powers to see that I'd had it and that dinner would be on the table when I got home. Nope. So after a while of huffing and puffing and making a general racket, Blixx came into the kitchen warily and instructed me that he would cook the burgers and that I should go lay on the couch under a cat and relax. Normally, I would fight him just for the sake of fighting. Cruel, but it amuses me. Last night I just dropped everything and went to the livingroom to chainsmoke until dinner arrived. Blixx did a great job of not provoking my wrath and providing sustinance and I want you all to know that I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND.

I've removed the cursor thingie that swirled around at the request of Blixx. Our shitass computer at home just can't take the extra doodads and crashes when he tries to check to see what's on my mind or what the Hell my problem is.

I hope you all have an excellent and relaxing weekend. Let's all take out vitamin C so we are healthy again. I don't remember what it's like to live without a tissue box at close range.

No comments: