Friday, January 04, 2002

I've added Hapa to my links on the left. Aloha new friend!

No big plans for the weekend. I think the highlight might be to get a haircut. We tried on New Years Day, but everyplace was closed. Both Blixx and I are shedding more than the cats so I think we're overdue for a trim. Sunday Blixx invited Toad over to watch the game, but we've got a bday party for Teacher's crazy mother. With Nana's passing she's been down (to say the least) and lonely, so I think I'll show up at least for a little while and bring her something nice. Maybe some flowers. Keep your fingers crossed that the Pats don't totally f*ck up against Carolina on Sunday. Also pray for some sort of miracle that Buffalo beats Miami. I know - not incredibly likely, but it's good to dream. It would be too good to be true to have the Pats the division champs.

Ok, so Jacknife wants to get a tattoo of a front view of a wolf's face, but we're having problems finding just the right design. Anyone out there with too much free time on your hands, please let me know if you come across anything. I think we're going to scrap the Groton tattoo place where Purge got his done- I just wasn't impressed. They only had one book of custom work and seemed to have a lot of excuses, rather than helpful ideas for us. Boogie Shoes has recommended Studio Zee in New Haven, where she's gotten hers done. Some of the art on the page looks really great. Check out Zee's 5th page, 2nd row all the way on the right. That's the kind of vine/flower thing I've been looking for on my back & shoulders - except in a more linear pattern, rather than the circle. But damn close! Then I'd get a little butterfly right above it. I'm very encouraged.

So, how mad do you think Blixx will be that I printed out all of the tax forms he'll need to pay his self-employment taxes? They won't be as much as we thought, so I'm psyched. Yeah freelance is great, except they don't take taxes out of your checks so he's got to pay one lump sum at the end of the year. Next year I want him set up with quarterly payments so we don't get hosed again. Anyone know a good acountant? He's booked for work in January (&maybe Feb)which is awesome. He actually went to do a pre-light yesterday and impressed them so much that they let the other (cheaper) guy go and hired him for an extra day. And, they cut him a check right on the spot! Woo Hoo! That's my boy.

Wednesday, he went skiiing for the first time since he was a kid. Poor baby can hardly walk. Blixx quote "Skiing is a bit more athletic than kayaking." Uh hu.

Ok, I've got to make like I'm working for just a little while longer than the weekend can begin. Have a good one all!!!

Peace.

No comments: