Monday, January 14, 2002

Ok UIM, I'll take back Coctail, but there's no way that Days of Thunder comes off my list. It's an awesome movie. C'mon..."Drive right through it!" I could watch that movie over and over again. Hell, I have! While I agree with several of your choices (Better Off Dead should be on my list - I feel horrible guilt that it was overlooked), I'm wondering what you're thinking including Liar Liar or Starship Troopers. Both are ...ok...but I think you're out of your mind to include Star Trek 6. Khan yes, any others? Forget about it!

Purge is pretty fly for a white guy? I'd pay to see that.

Saturday, I shopped until I dropped...the baby. Blixx ended up working with Grips in NH on Saturday, so I went shopping all day. I got a pair of black chuncky shoes (Blixx is still wondering why I might need another pair of black shoes - he just doesn't get it) and a little purse to carry my stuff at the sales conference later in the week. I got a pair of really nice black dress pants too. Very exciting. I then went over to have dinner with Teacher and V, hoping that the boys would be home in time for dinner and maybe a movie. Nope. We girls had a great time, except when I dropped V on her head. Yep, literally. I was spinning her around and goofing with her, as we've done thousands of times in the past, when I grabbed her leg to dangle her in the air...and got her pants, as they were pulled down and her little melon head hit the kitchen floor with a THUNK heard round the workd. She started to cry & wail. I almost cried - until Teacher pointed out that she could only sooth one of us, so get over it because babies bounce all the time. Still...it was horrible.

V got over it in good time and had me getting her juice and milking it for the rest of the night. I took her upstairs to get into her pajamas and she said the most dreaded thing: " Poopy in diaper." OK, I haven't changed a diaper since I babysat when I was 15. It's impolite to ask a girl her age, but be satisfied to say that was over a decade ago. I'm looking around trying to find any excuse not to change it, when I realize that there aren't any wipes upstairs. Woo Hoo! I can bring the dirty baby & new diaper downstairs to mom and she'll take care of everything.
V then points to what I think are diapers and says "Wipes there."
"No honey, those are diapers. We have to go downstairs for wipes." I explain.
"No...wipes!" and she hands me the bundle. Sure enough, it's an industrial size pack of wipes. Yeah.
I got lucky that there wasn't the alleged poopie ("I was joking.hehehe" says V) so we got her all changed and in her PJ's. She had to wear the pink ones, despite me finding the yellow feetie pj's just so much cuter.
Grips called the next morning to tell me that the diaper was on backwards. Yeah, mother of the year right here baby! I feel real cool.

I hope my misadventure has put a smile on all of your faces. It seems that many of you are a little down...SNAP OUT OF IT!

Peace.

No comments: