Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Blixx & went to see some more houses last night, and we think we might have found The One. Click HERE to see a picture. Pardon me while I type out loud.

Pro's: Abutts Pond, 1 car garage, full basement that is partially finished & dry & tall enough for Blixx to stand up, walk-up attic for expansion later on, built in china cabinet in dining room, enclosed front porch, great highway access, close to pizza & chinese & is within walking distance to DuDo's, pantry, room in the dining room for plenty of folks AND the piano.

Con's: It's on a busy road (we could build a fence or plant shrubs to deaden noise & for asthetics), only 2 bedrooms - both of which are off the kitchen (fine for now, attic expansion for later), small closets (get a nice armoire for bedroom & store clothes in attic), VIVID yellow kitchen (painting party, anyone?), VIVID scarey green carpet in bedroom (rip it up! rip it up!); sink is in pantry...no counter near stove & fridge wiring on other side of room (move fridge near stove then get a cool rolling chopping block topped cart thing

The only real hang up I've got with the place is that the bedrooms are off the kitchen's eating area. It just looks kinda wierd. I was worried that we wouldn't have a guest room (cuz I plan on having you all over at some point) until I figured that we could make the office in the basement. Eventually, when the master bedroom is on the 2nd floor, then the office would be downstairs and the Wreck Room would be in the basement, and Blixx could build his bar out of TV's.

What would have to be done before we could move in? Not much. I'd like to replace the bedroom carpeting, but I suppose we could live with the ugly green for a while. Painting the kitchen wouldn't take hardly any time at all. The carpet on the porch would need to be replaced, but is fine as is for now. So, other than painting I'm thinking it's ready to move in.

What would we have to buy? Bedroom furniture...I will NOT sleep on a mattress on the floor any more! I want a nice matching grown up bedroom set, but I LOVE this headboard. Dining room - we've got stuff for now, but I'd love my grandmother's set, which my mother has now. An entertainment center - we have this big black ugly one that is great for the apartment, but I want something that looks a little nicer for the living room. A kitchen table - unless Grips wants to get a new dining room set for his house like Teacher wants, then we could have the old one.

No comments: