Monday, June 03, 2002

Greetings fellow bloggers. I had a pretty terrific weekend. Friday I went straight to Toad's after work. The boys were off at Home Depot, so I made myself comfortable & continued reading The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. All of a sudden, I hear this loud rumbling. Yep, a thunderstorm. Woo Hoo! The guys got back just in time & we grabbed some beverages & hung out on the deck until the rain started to really come down. The kayaking plans were out, so we just hung out drinking & eating & listening to tunes. I cooked a killer breakfast on Saturday then we got my car checked then spend a wonderful relaxing afternoon together. We met up with Toad and went to Whitehall to catch sunset on the water. It was windy when we left, but it got REALLY windy on the trip back. It was a little bit more technical that I would have liked on the way back & I got a little freaked out, so I pushed hard to get back to the dock in one piece. All is well, but I probably should have been wearing a PFD (personal floatation device - you can't call them lifejackets any more so that there's no lawsuit if anyone dies while wearing one).

Yesterday we went to 2 open houses. The first is for a pretty good sized house on over an acre...except the house hasn't been updated AT ALL! Waterdamage, old appliances, old windows, old roof....everything was old. For what they are asking (which is for the land I guess) it's just plain too much work for us. The other was for a bank owned ranch on some little lake in Spencer. It was a shithole, pure & simple, however I saw someone signing on the dotted line to make an offer, so it takes all kinds. We met our realtor to see 2 homes. The one with the pond is pretty cool, but the inside is a whole bunch of little rooms, rather than a few good sized ones. We love the land, but the house isn't exactly what we are looking for. We're still talking about it though. It's at the top of our price range, & Blixx even asked if we could get more money from my family. Arg! The answer is yes, but the price would be way high. Too high for that house. But the pond... Last house we looked at is a ranch on a good side of town. Unfortunately, it seems that it's been rented to a biker gang. Ok, maybe not, but they definately have hygene issues. There was unidentifyable stuff splattered to the walls, a funky smell and the basement floor was actually cleaner than the carpets in the bedrooms. Total yuckfest.

So, we haven't found our dreamhouse yet. It's discouraging to see the small, crappy homes that we can definately afford then the stretch homes...that STILL aren't just right! Patience...worst case scenerio is that we don't get a house this year. Can I wait?Yes. Do I want to wait? Hell, no. Will I be a total pain in the ass until I get a house? Probably. And if we wait until next year, we'll have more guilt money to play with. I guess I've just got to remember that even if we plow through our savings totally, we'll still get more in the end. Or, Nanny will die and I'll get the big ticket payoff. I know I'm horrible. I'm not wishing Nanny dead. Shut up Tempest, I'm not. Although, she wishes herself dead rather than continue to live in the nursing home. I just know that her estate is rather large and it will mean a definative jump in tax brackets. I could use it.

No comments: