Thursday, June 13, 2002

I went to Finance today to meet with my new boss. He's all like "Who are you?' and 'what is it that you've been doing for Finance?' I'm pissed! I took on this additional role with the company thinking that it would move my career forward. I've been assisting Telesales and Finance researching accounts for 7 months now, and this dude asks me what my job is. My former report to person was laid off a month or so ago, and no one has even communicated my existance to him or the new CFO!! He had the balls to ask me why I want a review.
BECAUSE I WANT TO GET PAID FOR DOING 2 JOBS FOR THE COMPANY, DICK! This is absolute BS and I'm so ready to go postal..
.
I've sent him my job description, copies of e-mails that have gone out company wide indicating who I am and what I do, as well as copies of e-mails back and forth with the telesales reps so he's got an idea of the day to day. I've had a couple sales reps that I've worked closely with draft up some Kudos letters to be sent to this dude.

Even if I don't end up doing this job for them moving forward (which might be a good idea. Otherwise I might be tempted to try to extract their heads from their asses...the hard way) I still want recognition for the past 7 months of work.I don't even know what to say.

No comments: