Monday, June 10, 2002

Hey there!
I had a vision problem so I called in sick to work on Friday. Problem = I just couldn't SEE myself going in to work. I've really had it with this place. But, I digress. Blixx & I were actually productive and cleaned out my closet. Well, there's still stuff everywhere, but I sent a big bag of clothes to Salvation Army so I feel pretty good about that. I've got most of my winter clothes stored away and found a bunch of clothes that I haven't seen in a while. It was like Christmas!

Friday night we went with the realtor to check out 2 homes in Spencer, MA. The first one is a split level that doesn't excite us, other than it's the best looking house we've seen yet. There's UGLY green/gold shag carpeting and wierd wallpaper in the kids rooms, but it's huge with a garage and all I can see are cosmetic problems. Ok, so theres some water in the basement & the kitchen is smaller than my mother's but I could definetely work with what's there. I've been decorating it in my dreams every night.

We then went to see where White Trash lives. I mean, there was banjo music in the backround and this house was NASTY. No good. It's near a lake, which is why we even bothered to check it out, but all you could smell was septic in the back yard and the smoke/dog smells inside were just too much to bear. Nope, not interested. I want to go ahead and make an offer on the split, but Blixx doesn't want to jump in to anything. I'll give it a couple of days, but if the house sells while I convince him to write a big check, I'll be out of my mind.

Saturday we slept in then ran some errands. We went to Birdgirl's housewarming party in the afternoon and had an absolutely awesome time. Met some nice new people. Drank way too much Sam Summer (keg...mmmm keg) and wooped it up until almost 3am. We even managed to leave Toad behind for a sleepover...so I guess they got along :). I was in rare form and had a great time. I don't remember the ride home, but Blixx wisely saw the direction I was headed and stopped drinking hours before he dragged Grips and I in to the car. Good time!

Sunday morning and into the afternoon I alternated between the bed and the bathroom. Yep, I did it again. This was worse than after a Darkmoon barn party...aweful horrible spasms of sickness that didn't go away until well into the afternoon, when Toad and Birdgirl came back to do the walk of shame. Both haven't had a 'date' in a while and were smiling up a storm, so it must be all good. Last night, I was in bed at 10pm and asleep by 10:01. I'm still beat and I still feel empty, but at least I'm mobile. Barely.

No comments: