Monday, June 17, 2002

I survived the weekend. For the most part, it was uneventful. Not that we didn't do stuff, but not a lot was blog worthy. Friday night Grips came over for a few pops, as usual. Saturday I slept in while Blixx went over to Charlie's birthday party early to get the grills rolling and such. I had the morning to myself and for whatever reason, I was totally bummed out all morning. I think it's the house/work stress, but I found myself bauling my eyes out like all morning. I was an emotional wreck. Crying for hours. I do have to say that I feel a little bit more centered after the fact, but it was wierd to just break down like that with no provocation. Ok, the PMS train has something to do with it too. I'd pulled myself together by the time Toad picked me up at around 3 and we meandered over to the party, to find Blixx in full 'Director' mode. That is, he'd been helping out and in chanrge for so long, it was a hard transition to make back to being just a party guest. He never really did...always involved in something. I was a little alienated with 100 or so folks, only about 5 of whom I know, but the smoked ribs were YUMMY and I had deep fried turkey for the first time. I certainly wouldn't serve it for Thanksgiving, since I'm quite the traditionalist when it comes to a holiday bird, but it was suculent and juicy and delicous none the less. Thumbs up. The party was at Ralph's Diner in Worcester, which is a really cool spot. It was unfortunate that it rained all day, since the grills were outside, which meant that Blixx was outside, which meant that if I wanted to talk to him I had to be outside. I got a little damp and the cold I've been flirting with seemed to enjoy the weather to the point that I have this nice phlemby cough now. Poor Blixx got it too.

After Charlie's party, we drove to Framingham to stop by a party given by BigBen from my work. Not a lot of folks from work were there and it was a pretty sedate crowd that did show up, so we had a few beers and were social, then ditched. As we're leaving, some of BigBen's buddies from 'back in the day' started keg stands. I haven't seen anyone do a kegstand in...crap like 10 years! The fact that the dude was 30+, already drunk & a touch overweight so his buddies had a tough time holding him up made it funny. That was our cue to go. Normally, we would have stayed and endeered ourselves to the drunken fools playing Asshole, but Blixx had to work early. And besides, I had to be sober to drive him home.

So, at 4am Blixx was up and by 5am on his way to Newburg NY for a shoot. Poor dude was beat. I slept in until around 10ish, then rolled my lazy ass downstairs to the couch for more dozing. I watched some bad tv, dyed my hair and cleaned the house. Yep, that's what I did ALL day. Granted, I was so lazy that when Blixx called at 9pm to tell me he was almost home (Hartford) I wigged and realized that I still hadn't vaccumed or done the dishes. I just kept starting projects then getting distracted. Oh well, napping was good. When Blixx did roll in after 10pm he was a mess. Couldn't finish sentances...couldn't eat the bachelorette mac & cheese w/ salsa I'd made for dinner. Nope, he was up & in bed & out like a light in about 15 minutes.Poor thing has this nasty cough now & is miserable. He's working today, but it should be a short shoot. I imagine he'll be crashed on the couch when I get home.

No decent homes came on the market over the weekend, so we're totally stagnant on the home search right now. I know that Tempest's advice 'don't settle' is true, but how long do we wait looking for a 3 bedroom garaged basemented home over 1200 sq feet before it's OK to drop expectations to a more realistic level? What we 'really' can afford right now is a townhouse, but I don't want to buy an attached home. I think I'm going to expand our search even further out into the sticks to see if we can find what we're looking for in the country. Too bad that will put my commute into the hour + range. I hate my job anyway.

No comments: