Friday, May 31, 2002

Should today's women be more ladylike?
According to this article, I'm not much of a lady. But oh yeah baby, I'm one hell of a woman!

Blixx wants to go kayaking tonight, but the weather report isn't too favorable. I told him I'd let him know if I was going or not. Other than that, we've really got no concrete plans. We'll be looking at four houses over the weekend. Two are your run of the mill split levels, but perhaps there's something inside that will wow us, like the master bathroom set up over at Tempest's. There's the one with the pond, which I believe I linked to yesterday. Then there's a cute colonial in downtown Spencer.

I spoke with my Florida friend SherBear last night. They got a wicked thunderstorm with hail the size of golfballs. She knows I like storms so she thought she'd give me a call. She'll be coming to visit in August and I told her she's more than welcome to crash at my crappy little apartment. She's all possitive, declairing that by that time we'll be in a house and they will be our first guests. I am so regretful that she & her hubby moved to Florida...they are great people and I miss them terribly. Granted, I'm a shitty friend cuz I never call. It was a really nice pick me up to speak with her. I'd had a really balls to the wall day at work yesterday and was grumpy.

Starting in June, Blixx & I are going to budget absolutely everything, and put away bucks like we were paying a mortgage.We'll take the $$ out of the checking account like we were really paying, and hope to god it looks like we'll be able to afford it. I have concerns. Blixx makes great bucks doing what he's doing, but it's not steady income so it's not like I can predict when the checks will come in. We're cutting coupons and all purchases, including gas for the cars and my cigs, must be preapproved before we just pop over to the atm. It's going to be a tough transition, since we've been riding pretty high financially and not watching where the money goes. We have quickbooks and every transaction entered gets a category like 'groceries' or 'auto - gas' or 'household.' It's that household that gets us. WalMart & Target will have these big charges then we don't even remember what we bought! No more eating out all weekend every weekend. We might have to reduce ourselves to Canoe beers, but lets hope it doesn't come to that.

I'm all stressed out about work & money...I've been ignoring my poor Blixx. He called today & said 'Since you haven't been noticing things lately, I thought I'd tell you that I cleaned & vacuumed the whole apartment today, including upstairs.' The horrible thing is that I probably would have gone home & noticed that maybe there was a little less cat hair, but I wouldn't have put 2x2 together. He's grocery shopping for us today too. Both are traditionally MY jobs, but he's been really pitching in and helping out on his days off, but I never say thank you. I just expect him to do these things and get all mad when he doesn't...not that I communicate any of this or anything! Nope, just keep taking that hot caring wonderful man for granted. I've really got to make an effort to appreciate and thank my man for all that he does for me.
THANK YOU BLIXX! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!


Have a great weekend! Peace.

No comments: