Monday, May 13, 2002

There just aren't enough hours in the day. Otherwise, I'd blog more.
What have I been up to?
The work thing: Still here and unsatisfied. It's not a horrible job and I don't hate it. I just hate things about it.
The looking for work thing: No word about the interview last week but I sent an e-mail today. Even if they offer, I won't take it. I would just feel better about an offer.
House hunting: pre-approval letter in hand, we need a realtor. Blixx is working most of this week, so our free time isn't all that free. We went to drive by a bunch of homes Friday after work and there were two that were definate possibilities. One had a decent enough house but it was on an acre of land, which is key. The other looked like a spanish villa and while small, had charm that I really dug. In checking online today - both sold over the weekend. Lesson...we'll have to be able to see homes as soon as they come on the market and put down a deposit before even getting in to see the inside!
Mother's Day: We survived. We took both Mom's to Tiano's, an excellent resturant that served us up right. No bloodshed, although I'm pretty sure that Blixx's mom would be willing to sign the papers to commit my mom to the loony bin. No suprises there.
SpiderMan: Saw it last Wednesday night. I enjoyed it, but there was almost too much backstory and not enough ass kicking. Definately glad we went to see it on the big screen, but it just seemed to be missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.
Ali: rented and enjoyed. I was familiar with the story going in and was a little disappointed that they didnt' get into more detail about his womanizing and relationships, but Wil Smith did a terrific job! Another movie that seemed a little unfinished though.
Specs: got new regular and sun glasses this weekend. I'm excited.

Wonderwoman can fly?: I'm not sure exactly how/when it happened, but apparently somewhere along the way she aquired some sort of bracelet that gives her the power of flight.



No comments: