Monday, May 20, 2002

I couldn't bring myself to drive 2 hours in the rain on Saturday, so I didn't end up going to see Tempest & Purge. I did have an absolutely wonderful relaxing day where we stayed in bed WAY longer than we should have, then took a nice long shower. I relaxed and read a book for a few hours under a blanket and cat, while Blixx putzed with camping stuff to get ready for our next adventure.

In the eve, we met up with DrJim & HighOctane over at Toads house and had some coctails before heading out to see our friend's band play. The band kicked some serious butt and we all had too much to drink and too many laughs. Good times. We closed the place down then went back to Toads for a nightcap...didn't get home until after 3am.

Blixx had to go see his mother & grandmother early Sunday morning so the poor hungover dude didn't get much sleep. I drove to CT and went to my cousin's baby shower. Urg, I just hope that my legs don't swell up to treetrunk size like she is. She's retaining water everywhere and looks aweful, the poor thing. She's had pregnancy related diabetes too - of course the food was all deserts and all filled with sugar. Imagine that my aunt didn't think to offer anything that her own pregnant daughter could eat. Yep, that's my caring and thoughtful family. Aunt & Uncle have done some serious rehap on the house and built a beautiful addition...I just hope they aren't squandering Nanny's money!!!! Cuzzie got some nice stuff and the food was good. Aunt & Uncle have a small, but beautifully landscaped home in Killingworth CT. The grounds are breathtaking, with the gardens everywhere and all of her pets. It's quite naturific and cool.

Anyone watch the Survivor finale last night? Rosie hosted the after party thing and it was so obnoxious I couldn't stand it. She did a musical number (if you could even call it music) to the theme from Gilligans Island. She came in riding on the back of a motorcycle, driven by Colby. She's pawing all over him, like she didn't just come out to the world! I tuned in toward the end and she did a pretty good job of mocking all the contestants and pointing out their faults...ok, maybe it was just that I'd had some drinks by then, but it was pretty funny.

I taped the X-Files season finale. Hope it's good. Hope I find time to watch it.

No comments: