Monday, May 06, 2002

Into the way back machine, back 6 years to Tempest & Purge's wedding. Here's what I remember:

Tempest hysterical because the lily's in her bouquet weren't just right...her mother's shreek of horror as she realized that I wasn't wearing my hair up because the back of my head was shaved...thinking that I'd never seen Tempest so nervous or happy or beautiful in her wedding dress...pictures & pictures & pictures...trying not to horrify Purge's little sister...laughing hystericly during the rehersal...and again at the rehersal dinner...trying NOT to laugh hystericly during the ceremony (As I recall, it was Aunt Ro's reading that had us peeing ourselves)...crying as my best friend got married...thinking that I'd never get married...Blixx ringing the bell for ages and ages...my teal blue shoes sinking into the ground during the recieving line...helping Tempest with all those damn little buttons on the train of her dress...marching into the reception to the Mortal Kombat soundtrack...being concerned that I would have to dance with Nightskye...champagne...seeing my mother & knowing that I would be drunk shortly...never actually eating anything...drinking an endless amount of grape crushes...being concerned that Blixx was hanging out with Darkmoon, Digscream & Syn...stumbling to people's rooms...meeting Dameon & not being impressed...getting propositioned and actually turning Syn down...meeting Metrocake & liking her just despite the fact that she was Nightskye's date...seeing the look of joy on Mr & Mrs Tempest's faces as their little girl was married off...Purge's drunk relatives...acting out Meatloaf's Dashboard Light on the dancefloor...Tempest's drunk relatives...Tempest's grandmother crying because she was so happy...Napkins on the heads of the groomsmen...more grape crushes...vandalizing Purge's car...Blixx not getting any hotel sex because I was so wasted...waking up & wanting to die...pink stuff...pink stuff coming up...crackers...ginger ale...pulling over to puke on the long ass ride back to Mass, where I had to write a 10 page paper that was due the next day.

I got an A on the paper & slept for 2 days to recover. Good Times.

No comments: