Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Keep your collective fingers crossed for my interview tonight. I find it ironic that I found the ad in a local paper, rather than on Monster. I hope that it isn't pouring when I go over to the interview - my hair has enough problems without being plastered to my head or in a kinky rage from humidity.

We're meeting with a mortgage company on Thursday after work to get prequalified. I'm really worried about Blixx being freelance and whether we'll qualify for a decent amount so we can get the house we want. We make good money, but it's not a steady paycheck. At least my credit has gotten better. I applied for and got a Dress Barn credit card with a $1000 limit over the weekend. I only did it to get the 10% off my purchase & will cancel the card once it's paid. I got some absolutely fabulous stone jewelry that I just had to treat myself too. Now I need an outfit to go with it. :)

FUNNIEST STORY EVER!!!!!!!
Mom's Dick got arrested. They were in NH at their timeshare over the weekend and invited his daughter MK and her family up to stay with him. It rained for days so they were all trapped in the little condo getting stir crazy. The sun broke so they all climed into cars and headed out for a hike. They couldn't find the trail they were looking for, but pulled off the road at what seemed to be a trail head and set off. Mom was beat from being sick (of MK's kids crying all night) so she stayed in the car & read a book. Low & behold a trooper pulls up and asks her what she's doing on private property. It seems that the trail in question was on private property and Dick's family were trespassing. When they emerged from their lovely hike, they were arrested. Yep...whole family arrested. Mom got out of it saying she was just in the car but Dick, his daughter and soninlaw were all printed and got mug shots. They pleeded no contest to a reduced sentance and have to pay a $50 fine. He'll have a record for a year in NH. I just about peed myself as my mother is telling me the story.
Dick's birthday was last week & I'll be seeing my mom to give her his present this weekend for the dreaded Mother's Day. I think I'll give him a file and some striped pajamas. Definately a jailbird theme.
My mother's boyfriend has a police record. She's dating the kind of man that she always feared I'd end up with! This is too good.

No comments: