Friday, April 05, 2002


Blixx, Grips & I were hanging out drinking & whatnot, watching TV and making fun of each other. It's what we do. On comes a commercial for some soda pop & Blixx points to the TV & yells "It's Wesley Crusher!" Grips & I disagree...it isn't him, it doesn't look like him, Blixx is on crack. All manner of insults were slung on that occasion, and any occasion after that where the commercial was on. Pretty much any time that Blixx wasn't paying attention he was our prey. This has been going on for years.

I received this e-mail from my loving husband yesterday. Names have been changed to protect the guilty. I guess I'll need some kneepads.

From: BLIXX [mailto:BLIXX@110.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 4:10 PM
Subject: BOW TO ME, YOU DISBELIEVEERS!


Well, well, it is Wesley Crusher after all !

Many moons ago, I saw a tv commercial.
There I recognized our friend Wesley Crusher, bopping into some convenience store, buying soda.
"No way" says Chynakatt, "You're High" says Grips. But I am adamant in my belief. I may not be able to remember names, but a face, I never forget, "It is Wesley Crusher, Damn it!"
For years, Chynakatt and Grips have had their fun, taunting that around every corner "It's Wesley Crusher, Blixx"
Ha, ha.
Recently Chynakatt dragged this up to the blog world. Well, now I say ha to you.
Buy some knee pads, you disbeliveers,
AND KISS MY ASS...

The following is my email to Wil Wheaton, Wesley himself, and his reply...

----- Original Message -----
From: Wil
To: BLIXX
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: your commercial work?


Greetings Wil!

I'm hoping you can clear up an argument between my friends and I.
The topic is if you were or were not in a commercial a couple of years ago.
Unfortunately we don't remember what it was selling.
But if you were in this commercial, it involved you and a friend entering
some convenience store, lots of quick cuts and whatnot, maybe buying soda.

Does that ring a bell?
If you could clear this up I would be most appreciative.
Thank You.

~Blixx
BLIXX@110.net

Yep, it was a 7*UP commercial. My friend Kevin and I were two of the "UNs".

w
--------------------------
WIL WHEATON DOT NET
May peace prevail on earth
--------------------------


Dearest Blixx, I apologize for doubting you. You were right & I was...slightly less right.

No comments: