Friday, April 12, 2002

While down in CT last weekend, Tempest gave me a bag full of books. Most are smut or fantasy smut (that much better!), but the one titled Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett has me riveted! It's hysterical, and reminds me greatly of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Anyhoo, I came across this on page 4 and laughed out loud to the point where I got stares and glares from those enjoying the sun in the courtyard.


"...God moves in mysterious, not to say, circuitous ways. God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with a blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
I haven't even made it thought the first chapter, but I'm recommending this book as part of the Chynakatt book club. Trust me, don't trust Oprah!



FYI: When Farscape returns in June, it will be on at 10pm (rather than 9) after Stargate SG1, which SciFi recently picked up. Not a bad lineup. I'm hoping that tonight's episode is a bit more interesting and informative than last weeks.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: