Wednesday, April 10, 2002

I had the interview. It went poorly.
Apparently, she's looking for someone with previous Exec Asst experience, who has previous experience with & a strong knowledge of international business & currency. I would be reporting not only to her, but to 6 international sales managers for our company, who are all over the world.
None of this is in the ad's job description. I was so pumped for this opportunity and so bummed out when it turned to shyt, which it did right from the getgo. She looked at my resume (which our recruiter hadn't supplied her with), asked my what my exec asst experience was (to which I replied, "none officially, but I've...) and was promptly cut off. She asked several pointed questions that essentially added up to "What the f*ck are you doing here interviewing for this job when you're not at all what I'm looking for?". It was over in 15 minutes. Plus side, I figured it would take much longer than that so I ditched and went home to my loving husband early. He made pasta sauce for dinner...one of his specialties!

So I'm pissed at the recruiter for not screening my resume and letting me know not to get my hopes up. I'm pissed at Chimney, a chick here at work who's been really supportive about me going for the position and who is always asking me questions about it...that bitch interviewed for the same damn job! I found out from another employee and I'm hurt that Chimney would pretend to be all friendly & whatnot then screw me. I mean, I guess I can't fault her for going for the job, but every friggin time I see her she's asking me a million questions on who I've talked to, where I stand etc. I thought we had a friendship but I guess it's all business. I'm just mad at myself for letting her in.

I'm pissed at myself for getting all excited thinking I was qualified & was going to be making big bucks. I'd been vurtually spending for weeks, mostly on a house. Ok, so there were some new outfits, but mostly it was community goals.

No comments: