Tuesday, April 09, 2002

The weekend in CT was punctuated by vigorous flatulence. I guess thats what you get eating taco's for dinner then again for breakfast. Did some haircoloring...but I had to fix mine yesterday because Jacknife 'missed a spot.' Um...more like several spots! Tempest did Jacknife's hair & we all put highlights in Boogieshoes long locks. I hope she likes how it came out! Up until 3:30am watching Final Fantasy Spirits Within on Friday night & until at least 3 watching Buffy on Saturday. Tempest is now hooked on the show.


Saturday I saw Mom & her Dick then went to see Nanny. She's 87 and failing with sight & hearing. She has trouble following conversations and is absolutely miserable in the nursing home. She complains non-stop about the food and is angling to have my aunt & mother bring her 3 squares a day. Not gunna happen. Sure the food isn't what she's used to, but it's just not that bad. Mom was so excited to see me that she called the Tempest/Purge home on Sunday morning to be sure that we'd set the clocks ahead and to see if I wanted to do something. Um...no. I want to nurse my hangover and call it a day. She was upset, but what can you do? She's never happy with just one visit. She wants it all.


Took yesterday off to spend time with the hubby. The weather report claimed that is was going to rain so we nixed the potential outdoor plans & went to REI to do a little shopping. I got a gortex hat so now when it rains while camping/kayaking I'll be all geared up and less apt to complain. Ok, so I'll still complain but I won't actually be soaked. We had some beers at John Harvards and had an absolutely wonderful meal. I had chilean sea bass tempura over wasabi mashed potatoes with stir fry veggies in a hoison sause. It tastes even better than it sounds and I'm excited to get back into the leftovers for lunch today. Over dinner, Blixx & I had serious conversations about freelancing, financial goals & how he has to market himself. Quite productive really and I'm psyched that we were able to talk about it in detail. I layed out my goals and even told him what he has to do to keep me off his back. Now it's his own fault if I'm up his ass. :)


It's 73 degrees out in Maynard right now and I'm looking forward to some reading in the sun at lunch too. I have the Exec Asst interview today at 4:30 (fingers crossed people) and will ditch work immediately afterwards. I wonder if Blixx remembers that it's Tuesday and he has to cook dinner for me.


Youngster is out of work today because her apartment in Fitchburg was broken into. They got everything - her tv/dvd, all of her jewelry, all kinds of glass pieces that she collects - EVERYTHING. I've been after her to move, ever since she invited me over & I saw the crappy area she lived in. Poor thing sounded totally broken up on the phone, I'm just hoping that her pets (cat & 4 lizards) weren't harmed at all.


If Tempest is off the blogs for a while, its because they bought a Playstation 2. I imagine that they won't be leaving the house anymore.

No comments: