Monday, October 28, 2002

The band was really good Friday night. We ate at the Inn (arg, too much garlic on my Caesar, but Blixx’s lamb was heaven) then had several pops before heading home. DrJim had too many before we even got there so he wasn’t his usual talkative self. Unfortunately, High Octane was there and WAS herself…she just rubs me the wrong way. I snapped at her so I’m thinking that she got the hint. Oh well.
Saturday I brought Cleo to the vet. I didn’t even have time to drink my coffee before they brought her back out and said she was all set. Um, ok. So much for the big appointment and seeing the vet and all. The fridge arrived and was almost too big to get in the house. We tipped well. The thing is super gymungus and is perfect. Yes, a pizza box fits in there nicely so drunk girl doesn’t have to deal with Tupperware. We didn’t manage to get the icemaker stuff hooked up – it was so rainy and miserable out. Besides, we discovered a fairly sizeable leak in the basement that took up some time. It’s not as bad as my mother’s basement, but certainly something to look at. Ah, the joys of home ownership!
Sunday I was a lazy beast. After Blixx cooked me a wonderful omelet for breakfast, we took a shower and I was a little tired. I lay down in the bed and was out like a light. I napped for most of the afternoon. Birdgirl and Toad came over for the game, but were locked out cuz Blixx had headed off for propane, so I awoke to my cell phone ringing. Yeah, they were drinking beers in our yard and wanted to be let in. So much for all the house cleaning I’d wanted to get done in the afternoon. Eh…we drank ourselves silly watching the Pats suck again. I managed to give myself quite a burn on my hand too. The oven didn’t open all the way and snapped back to hit the bottom of my hand as I was putting the tatertots in…OW!! I think it hurts more today that it did yesterday, which is a bummer cuz it hurt a lot yesterday!

No comments: