Monday, October 07, 2002


The Cats: Came home Friday to a distraught Blixx who informed me that our cats both have serious medical problems. Cleo (the fat one) has bad teeth (almost to the falling out stage) and a lump on her back that might be cancer. She's scheduled for surgery next week. Koya (the fluffy one) we are told, needs an echocardiogram to diagnose the severety of her heart murmur. I always knew she had one, but this new vet seems to think it's serious. Now, I'm all for the care and wellbeing of my animals and I certainly don't want them to be in pain, but if Koya has had this problem for years I don't see what a thousand dollars worth of tests are going to do for her. With her, I say let it go and if one day tragedy strikes and she keels over chasing around the house, then at least she went out with a smile on her cat face. She HATES the vet...I really think they were mean to her when she got fixed, because she came back super skittish of handling and ever since she's had real trust issues. So of course her heart was racing when the vet checked her!!! Cleo is another story. She's over 10 years old and her teeth are probably really hurting her, so we'll be sure to get them taken care of. The lump will be poked and proded. Due to the medical traumas and the impending surgery, we didn't get the kitten this weekend. I spoke with Birdgirl and she said she'll hold onto the little guy, but that she'd had other offers so...

The Livingroom & Guestroom: We have an honest to goodness grown up living room that will blow your mind. We bought this beautiful entertainment center and matching bookcase at the unfinished furniture store -they are gorgeus! We also got a beautiful light green carpet for the floor and moved some stuff around to make the room apear more spacious. It really came together well. I also (gasp!) got my shyt together and made the guest room less of a closet and more of a guest room. Our old mattress/bed is set up in there (which the cat's enjoy - their own little spot) and a chair. It's a cute little get away room. We got a nice oriental knock off runner for the entry hallway and the sunflowers look beautiful in the livingroom. Next step in there will be art work for the walls and painting. The guest room needs more work, but it's a HUGE improvement from the rathole I'd created. Our house is coming together folks and I'm damn proud.

Let's see. We got the new mattress and it's wonderful. Blixx's mom came up Saturday morning and was quite impressed with our home. We had a nice lunch and checked out her pictures from her recent trip out west. Not a bad visit at all. Saturday was the all day shopping event, followed by lugging and decorating, which culminated with Grips coming over. Sunday we didn't sleep in because Koya learned how to turn our stereo on and did so at around 10am!!! Blixx made omlettes and we watched in horror as the Pats got intheir own way and blew the game. We took a nice walk down the street to get the newspaper and some air in the evening.

Ok, as we're walking back home we pass by a girl walking the other way. We get up another 20 feet or so and I see a guy in the bushes following her. He was being pretty obvious but it still seemed wierd, so I turned around and yelled "Hey lady! Did you know you're being followed?!?!?!" She turned and the guy cursed...luckily for her it was just a friend goofing on her. Blixx was all like "I wish you wouldn't do that" but I figured it was better to be safe and give the girl some warning or something. What would I have done if the guy had come out of the bushes after me? Now, that's a damn good question that I'm glad I don't have to answer.

No comments: