Friday, October 25, 2002

It’s been low key around the homestead, which is fine by me. Wednesday night Blixx wasn’t feeling well so we went to bed at around 10. Wow, it felt weird to get a good night’s sleep on a weeknight! I’m totally not used to it. Last night we just hung out and watched the boob tube and ate a lovely London broil for dinner. I know, too exciting! Can you stand it?!
This evening we’re heading out to see Bruce Marshall Band play at Johnstone’s. The bass player is a former co-worker of Blixx’s and they put on a really good show. I’m looking forward to it. Saturday we’re getting our new fridge delivered so big excitement there. We’ll have to hook up the water for the ice machine, so it’ll be back to Home Depot for us, yet again. I swear we’re living at that place these days. Cleo the cat is also getting her stitches removed so more kitty trauma. Sunday is a late football game for the Pat’s so maybe we’ll have some folks over and use the new grill. Or maybe we’ll just lounge around in our pj’s. Nah, those days are over.
So, I’ve been sending my resume out via Monster every chance I get, as well as using the competition and local newspapers. This has been going on for some time and I usually try to send out at least one a day. I have a (pat on the back) very well written cover letter in which I give my requested salary range. It’s right on there in black and white, to discourage anyone who can’t afford me from calling back. Damn, if I haven’t had the worst luck. I just got a call back from a local leasing company who was listing an Administrative position who’s job description was super involved and sounded great…and they want to pay in the low 20’s. Um, I really don’t think so. Why the hell would they call me?!?! Why waste my time?!?! I’m really getting sick of this.
Funny that as I typed the above rant against companies, I got another call. This time it was from Crewstar, a film/video payroll and booking company. He’s an honest guy and asked up front what my salary requirements are exactly…and he didn’t flinch when I told him. I’ve got an interview on Tuesday morning. Fingers crossed.

No comments: